ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

XBOX360 HDDVD Drive Not Recognized by ImgBurn

Forum Rules

Read the Guides forum if you don't know how to do something. :readbook:
If you have a question or a problem, check the FAQ and use the Search to see if you can find the answer for yourself. :lightbulb:
If you're having trouble burning double layer media, read Here.
Still stuck? Create a new thread and describe your issue in detail.
Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log = :chair:

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 VVaI2LoCk

VVaI2LoCk

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:02 AM

Hello,
I'm using my XBOX 360 HD/DVD Drive and have it hooked up to my PC. The idea is to make an ISO image file of the HD/DVD Movie. Unfortunately IMGBURN does not recognize the HDDVD Drive? Is this a know issue? How do I get ImgBurn to recognize my 360 HDDVD Drive? I've got Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra and I can play HD Movies perfectly. But when I launch ImgBurn it only shows my CD-Rom Drive not my HDDVD Drive. Any help?? Thanks!!!!

#2 VVaI2LoCk

VVaI2LoCk

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:06 AM

In my computer I only see the HDDVD Drive listed as a CD Rom Drive not as an HDDVD drive. But AnyDvd recognizes it and so does PowerDVD.

#3 JasonFriday13

JasonFriday13

ISF Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:Cars, computers, electronics, drums, comedy.

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:49 AM

A quick google for: hd dvd windows xp, will give you a page (first result) for getting the drive to work on windows xp.
All you need are the drivers installed.
"Only a MouseHelmet will save you from a MouseTrap" -Jason Ross (Me)
"Oh and I prefer to be called Jason, not by my full nickname." -Jason Ross. Please put this into use!
Nullsoft Scriptable Install System: My install maker of choice!
The NSIS Discussion Forum.
My User page on the NSIS Wiki.
Posted Image << Click there for main site.

#4 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,397 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:21 AM

ImgBurn see's my hddvd just fine, the issue here is that I perhaps don't detect HDDVD capabilities properly in 2.3.2.0. This is purely cosmetic and it should still work fine.

The drive will only show up in Read / Verify modes as it's just a reader and not a burner.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#5 VVaI2LoCk

VVaI2LoCk

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:57 PM

I think I created a new topic instead of replying to this thread.

I've loaded the xp drivers for the drive. I can play movies fine through XP AnyDVD detects my drive and even lets me rip the HDDVD drive to the HD, and PowerDVD Ultra allows me to play my movies just fine. So I know it's working. Even ISO Buster detects my HDDVD Drive. The problem is ImgBurn does not detct the HDDVD Drive. I would rather use IMGburn but if I can't fix the problem I'll have to use something else. Any ideas.

It's an XBOX360 HDDVD Drive hooked up directly to the PC. ImgBurn doesnt even detect my drive. Only my DVD +_ RW drive shows up not my HDDVD DRive

The guy that said it's working with his HDDVD Drive is that an xbox 360 HDDVD Drive your using?

ImgBurn see's my hddvd just fine, the issue here is that I perhaps don't detect HDDVD capabilities properly in 2.3.2.0. This is purely cosmetic and it should still work fine.

The drive will only show up in Read / Verify modes as it's just a reader and not a burner.

#6 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,397 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:44 PM

Yes

Please do as the big pink box at the top of this screen says and post the log.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users