Help. Need folders extracted, not 1 .iso file...

thaumielx72

Hello.

I recently purchased a laptop running an AMD 64 bit processor. Since I want to run a cpu intensive application on it exclusivelyI am trying to load it with a couple of different Linux operating systems. I had no luck getting my laptop to recognize any of the dvd's and cd's that should have booted on it. Then one did load, the Kanotix Live CD. I noticed that it did not have 1 single .iso file like the others but was expanded to show folders, VOB and the like. It would open under VISTA asking if I wanted to run it under autoplay.

Unfortunately, Kanotix does not recognize my ethernet card so it's back to the ol' drawing board.

I have tried to create 3 more DVD's and CD's using ImgBurn for other Linux systems with the same result. They all burn the one .ISO file on the disc and do not expand them. I was under the impression (from burning the Kanotix disc, which worked) that build would expand the .ISO file. Neverless, I have used this option on the last 3 discs and they have resulted in a burn with only 1 .iso file on it - no folders, and no VISTA asking to autoplay.

Please tell what I am doing wrong .

Thanks in advance.

I see a lot of people doing this and I'd try to prevent them being silly if only I knew exactly HOW they were doing it.

If you just add an image file to the source box in Build mode, it should warn you that you're potentially not using ImgBurn correctly and should switch to Write mode.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.