Buring starts slow, then gradually speeds up

mbyllhmswslq

So I'm guessing this has been answered somewhere before, but I can't find it. Whenever I burn a disc with ImgBurn (2.3.2 and before), I choose MAX wrtie speed. However, ImgBurn starts out slow (say, 2x for DVDs and 4x for CDs) and then eventually speeds up. The problem is that it takes a lot of time between speed increases. I have an 8x DVD burner, and ImgBurn usually never reaches 8x. It spends 20 minutes or more buring at like 4x. With CDs, it never reach 24x, only 20x if the CD is full of data. Does anyone know why this is or has anyone else had the problem? It like sa staggered speed-up, but it takes way too long. I've had this issue on multiple drives and systems, too. Thanks!

In addition to what Donta said above...it's a matter of physics, as the writing head moves outward on the disc, more info is placed on a track, therefore a faster write is achieved. Remember the physics question about what the fastest moving part of a tire is...it's not the rim but the tread...because of it's physical difference to the innermost part :thumbup:

Visualising .....

If something is spinning around at a constant speed, (lots) more bits can be placed on the outer than the inner in the same amount of time. IE. Write (and read) rate gets higher as you move to the outside of the disc.

Regards

True. I brought it up, though, because programs I've used in the past don't have an issue with burn speed. If I select 24x for a CD, I get 24x from the start. Same with DVDs. It's just annoying because if I select MAX speed, I expect the burner to kick up to MAX speed from the start. I dunno. Maybe I'm just picky ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.