Illegal Mode For This Track error

DuffytheDawg

I'm trying to backup a new DVD that just came out. I keep getting this error. Any ideas of what I can do to fix this?

W 18:51:01 Failed to Read Sector 267789 - Illegal Mode For This Track

I 18:35:52 Initialising ASPI...

I 18:35:52 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:35:52 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD±RW/RAM!

I 18:36:16 Operation Started!

I 18:36:16 Source Device: [0:0:0] ASUS DVD-E616A2 1.03 (D:) (ATA)

I 18:36:16 Source Media Type: DVD-ROM

I 18:36:16 Source Media Sectors: 4,034,816 (Track Path: OTP - L0: 2,084,960 - L1: 1,949,856)

I 18:36:16 Source Media Volume Identifier: <Good_Luck_Chuck_16x9_Unrated>

I 18:36:16 Source Media Implementation Identifier: DVDAfterEdit

I 18:36:16 Source Media File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)

I 18:36:16 Read Speed: MAX

I 18:36:16 Destination File: F:\[Good_Luck_Chuck_16x9_Unrated].iso

I 18:36:16 Destination Free Space: 299,425,669,120 bytes (292,407,880 KB) (285,554 MB) (278 GB)

I 18:36:16 Destination File System: NTFS

I 18:36:16 File Splitting: Auto

I 18:36:16 Reading Sectors... (LBA: 0 - 4034815)

I 18:36:16 Reading Layer 0... (LBA: 0 - 2084959)

W 18:38:40 Failed to Read Sector 267776 - Illegal Mode For This Track

W 18:39:37 Failed to Read Sector 267777 - Illegal Mode For This Track

W 18:40:34 Failed to Read Sector 267778 - Illegal Mode For This Track

I'm trying to backup a new DVD that just came out. I keep getting this error. Any ideas of what I can do to fix this?

Imgburn isn't a decrypter and won't read from a copy protected source....you'll have to find help elsewhere.

This certainly isn't a bug either...

Edited by LOCOENG

Imgburn isn't a decrypter and won't read from a copy protected source....you'll have to find help elsewhere.

This certainly isn't a bug either...

I think u need to check again what this program does, cause u sure don't know what it does.

I think u need to check again what this program does, cause u sure don't know what it does

Are you for real telling the author of the program he does not know what his program can and can't do.

The fact that your disc failed to copy indicates it can't do what you thought it could.

Hence the reason for you asking why it failed.

If you don't like the answer you got and it was the correct answer given what can you do about it but learn instead of the dick's response you gave.

I think u need to check again what this program does, cause u sure don't know what it does

Are you for real telling the author of the program he does not know what his program can and can't do.

The fact that your disc failed to copy indicates it can't do what you thought it could.

Hence the reason for you asking why it failed.

If you don't like the answer you got and it was the correct answer given what can you do about it but learn instead of the dick's response you gave.

Really, You should read who I was replying to. It was not the author I was replying to but someone like yourself. So please go somewhere else and post author ass kissing posts there.

I'd ask for a simple answer of why it failed. Is a limitation of the program or did I not set the program up correctly. Is this too hard for u geniuses to understand.

I thank the author of this program for answering my question, by stating that the issue will be addressed.

The author didn't continue a great program, just stole a piece of a great program, hence my confusion about what it could and couldn't do.

LOL!! Go back to your Playstation, boy. You've got neither the brains nor wit to operate something as complicated as this software. Come back when your balls drop.

• 1 month later...

I'm getting the same error when I verify discs. The disc will burn without a problem, but verification fails, usually about 120 MB into the process. It did this with 2.3.2.0, and still has the same problem in 2.4.0.0, so I'm assuming it's a problem with the drive/driver or media I'm using; respectively these are an HP DVD Writer 740b (firmware HJ24) with the SPTI driver, and HP 16x DVD+R 5GB discs. (Actually, I get the same error with every driver I've tried.) What can I do about this problem, short of buying a new drive?

Try Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks :)

Thanks, I'll give it a try. ^_^

On a somewhat related note, the discs I've had problems with are all 120mm DVD+R, but I tried an 80mm DVD-R the other day and it seemed to work all right. I don't know if it's the format difference, the size difference, or just a fluke. Do you have any suggestions as to using Minus over Plus, or vice versa?

Choosing DVD-R or DVD+R really depends on your use: if you're using for video, some standalone DVD players prefer one format over the other (the cheap ones will play any format); if you're using on videogames you'd need to test which format your particular unit likes the most; as for PC drives they'll accept anything :)

Choosing DVD-R or DVD+R really depends on your use: if you're using for video, some standalone DVD players prefer one format over the other (the cheap ones will play any format); if you're using on videogames you'd need to test which format your particular unit likes the most; as for PC drives they'll accept anything :)

I'm just making backups right now, but I'll keep that in mind.

...Good thing I got a cheap DVD player.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.