software runs extremely slow

Tom B.

It takes several minutes for ImgBurn 2.3.2.0 to start on my PC. Once it's running it takes a minute or two to complete an action every time I click on anything. This only happens for ImgBurn. All of my other programs run normally. Does anyone know of any software or hardware conflicts ImgBurn has? The program works but is just extremely slow and therefore aggravating to use. I'm running Win 2000 on a Pentium 4 2.0 GHz machine with .5 GB RAM. In Task Manager my MEM usage stays low but the CPU usage spikes to 80-100% a lot.

What else are you running on the PC?

Is it the ImgBurn process that's running at 100% when you say it's slow?

Normally this kinda thing comes down to antivirus / spyware detection program but can't recall ever hearing someone say the program was running slowly ALL the time (normally it's just as it loads).

What else are you running on the PC?

Is it the ImgBurn process that's running at 100% when you say it's slow?

Normally this kinda thing comes down to antivirus / spyware detection program but can't recall ever hearing someone say the program was running slowly ALL the time (normally it's just as it loads).

This happens with or without other programs running. If I open other programs it takes a while to switch over to them but they run normally. In Task Manager MotiveSB.exe keeps popping up to the top of the CPU usage list. Is that an ImgBurn file or something else?

When I said 'running', I didn't really mean bits you'd loaded manually, I mean all the rubbish that sits down in the system tray near the clock.

MotiveSB.exe is nothing to do with ImgBurn. Google it and maybe you'll find what it belongs to and then figure out the root cause of the problem.

ImgBurn in itself doesn't run slowly so it's some other piece of software you've loaded that's not playing nicely. It would be that piece of software that has the problem / conflict with ImgBurn, not ImgBurn with it.

To find the problem you should also try disabling / uninstalling all your antivirus / adware / spyware programs, reboot and try again.

You might also like to run a tried and tested one to remove any dodgy ones you have/had installed. I use SpyBot Search and Destroy, along with Ad-Aware 2007. They're both free.

MotiveSB.exe was the culprit. Once I killed the process ImgBurn started up in seconds and runs infinitely faster. FYI, Motive Smart Bridge is software used by many of the broadband internet providers like AT&T, Verizon, etc. It is part of the AT&T Self Support Tool on my PC. It's not necessary for everyday use so disabling it should be a good solution.

I also ran the 2 tools you suggested and they seem to work well.

Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.