Error Reading...

infinitus

A little history...

In the past month I have tried Nero Burning ROM, DVD Decrypter, ImgBurn, and a whole bunch of other crappy nameless DVD burners and rippers. I liked DVDDecrypter, so I figured I would like ImgBurn. I uninstalled all the other crap that I had and had just the two sister programs installed. Then my problems started. I inserted a DVD (for backup, of course) hit the start button, it started working, then around 7% it stopped with a bunch of errors. Okay, maybe the programs are working against each other... uninstalled ImgBurn (Never had a prob with DVDD) and... same problem. Vice Versa... same thing. Okay, it's not the program. Driver? (Maybe it was part of Nero?) Can't find one... Firmware update. Done. Now proud owner of SHW-160P6S PS0B. Now it doesn't work at all. I can't find a driver... and I think that's my problem. If not that then I think it might be that little Nero program that runs in the background. Here's the log file. Thanks for any advice. Time is of the essence. :homestar:

I/O Error!

Device: [0:0:0] LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P6S PS0B (d:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02

Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 00 4F DA 00 00 01 00

Interpretation: Read (10) - Sector:20442

Sense Area: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 6F 03 00 00 00 00

Interpretation: Read of Scrambled Sector Without Authentication

Nero will not deal with protected discs either...

I suggest you visit another forum with your issue. This is not the right place - as it has nothing to do with ImgBurn.

Edited by cynthia

Nero will not deal with protected discs either...

I suggest you visit another forum with your issue. This is not the right place - as it has nothing to do with ImgBurn.

it does have something to do with imgburn... as in 'it won't work anymore'...

and im not trying to do anything with nero... The discs won't read properly since i uninstalled some things... i was hoping someone else may have had this problem. so instead of acting like a microsoft support line and trying to get me out of here... y don't you just sit in the back of the room with your hands down if you don't know how to help???

your problem is with ripping the disc, the programmes you have tried can't rip it. imgburn can't help you with this, as this is the imgburn support forum we can't help you with ripping your discs, its not that we're trying to fob you off to somewhere else, legally its not something this forum or the programme can help you with , sorry

your problem is with ripping the disc, the programmes you have tried can't rip it. imgburn can't help you with this, as this is the imgburn support forum we can't help you with ripping your discs, its not that we're trying to fob you off to somewhere else, legally its not something this forum or the programme can help you with , sorry

okay... how come it worked before is what i'm asking? this isn't the first time i've done this... even with a disc that i tried that i've already backed up. and don't take that as an attack on your forum... i just don't like when people read one thing but think another. it's not the copy protection on the disc, i assure you. if that's what that particular log error is about, that's my fault. but it's just not working like it used to and i'm looking for anyone with a similar experience.

can you open imgburn ->tools -> filter driver load order, and post yours please

at first it all comes up unknown. then i click device and it all says n/a.

the order is...

upper device

upper class

device

lower class

lower device

idk exactly what you wanted. have to go to work now... should be back in 8 hours or sooner to check. thanks for the help.

The first (and only) error you post was due to copy protection on the discs.

If you're saying it's not because of that then you must have posted the wrong error - please provide us with the real one.

Just remember that if you're posting a log from a failed read of a commercial DVD then we're just gonna tell you to go elsewhere again.

It really doesn't make any difference that it worked before and doesn't now, it's not anything to do with ImgBurn as it wouldn't have ever read your protected discs.

If you've uninstalled some other program, I'm afraid that really is your own problem and you need to figure out what it is - we cannot and will not tell you.

The first (and only) error you post was due to copy protection on the discs.

If you're saying it's not because of that then you must have posted the wrong error - please provide us with the real one.

Just remember that if you're posting a log from a failed read of a commercial DVD then we're just gonna tell you to go elsewhere again.

It really doesn't make any difference that it worked before and doesn't now, it's not anything to do with ImgBurn as it wouldn't have ever read your protected discs.

If you've uninstalled some other program, I'm afraid that really is your own problem and you need to figure out what it is - we cannot and will not tell you.

well then this isn't really a forum then, is it? see, forums help people with their problems... this is more of a FAQ with an attitude. why don't you just join the f***ing microsoft corporation???

well then this isn't really a forum then, is it? see, forums help people with their problems...

An Internet forum is a web application for holding discussions and posting user generated content. Internet forums are also commonly referred to as Web forums, message boards, discussion boards, (electronic) discussion groups, discussion forums, bulletin boards, fora (the Latin plural) or simply forums. The terms "forum" and "board" may refer to the entire community or to a specific sub-forum dealing with a distinct topic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum

:whistling: