Changing booktype in ImgBurn

IntX

Hey. I need some help using ImgTool to back up my existing xbox360 games.

Referring to this (Especially the bold part):

Burning the XBox 360 ISO (Sorce: 360-Hq.com)

" ...1. Download IMGBurn (http://www.imgburn.com/), install and execute.

2. At first we have to enter the layerbreak information manually. This has to be done only once because IMGBurn will

save this setting and use it for ever untill you change it again.

3. Choose TOOLS - SETTINGS - WRITE - Options (top right) - mark "User specified" - enter thevalue "1913760" into

the field below. Confirm with "OK".

4. Now back to the mainscreen of IMGburn there is a small icon in the lower right corner which looks like a book.

Click this icon with your left mousebutton and we will be able to change the booktype manually.

5. A new window opens which lists several DVD writers. Choose your dvd writer and enter the following settings:

- "Change for:" "Drive (For DVD+R DL Media)" below "New Setting:" "DVD+R DL"

click "Change" with your left mousebutton and confirm the message "SUCCESS" by clicking "OK".

- Hit the "OK" button to get back to the mainscreen where you can select the iso by clicking the small folder

6. Select the icon besides "please select a file...".

7. Choose your "game.iso" file.

8. Preferably change the writing speed to the speed of your media. Never write faster than your media can handle it

because you could make it a coaster.

9. Disable "Test-Mode" and "Verifiy"

10. Finally insert your DVD+R DL media and press the big button to start burning..."

When I check the device manager on this computer it says that I have a Sony DVD RW AW-G170A. I can't see that Sony as manufacturer is listen in ImgTools. Why is that?

Can I still burn my copies with the default options or will it fail?

Hope someone can help me clearing this out.

Thanks for a great application.

(Sorry for my english. It's not my primary language)

Edited by IntX

And another question. When I click on the tab for my manufacturer it shows up like this:

22556848lg0.jpg

5. A new window opens which lists several DVD writers. Choose your dvd writer and enter the following settings:

click "Change" with your left mousebutton and confirm the message "SUCCESS" by clicking "OK".

As you can see from the screenshot under "new settings", there is no "DVD+R DL". Just "Normal" and "DVD-ROM".

What should I choose here? Sorry for all the newbie questions but I'm new at this and want to make it right :o

It seems odd that they'd tell you NOT to booktype to DVD-ROM?! I wonder if that's a mistake in their guide?

As the setting you're changing is JUST for DVD+R DL media, 'Normal' means to leave it at DVD+R DL and 'DVD-ROM' (which appears to be default anyway) of course sets it to 'DVD-ROM'.

A new window opens which lists several DVD writers. Choose your dvd writer and enter the following settings:

The above is nonsense

Whoever wrote that guide needs a kicking :D

It needs DVD-ROM for new setting. (not DVD+R DL)

Also if you have .DVD file that will have the layer break info in to so manual entering of layerbreak in ImgBurn is not needed

A new window opens which lists several DVD writers. Choose your dvd writer and enter the following settings:

The above is nonsense

Whoever wrote that guide needs a kicking :D

It needs DVD-ROM for new setting. (not DVD+R DL)

Also if you have .DVD file that will have the layer break info in to so manual entering of layerbreak in ImgBurn is not needed

Should I just avoid using "change book type" and just run it by its defaults? Or should I change it to NEC and select "DVD-ROM"?

Btw, if I mount the .DVD, will that mess up my manually selected layer break? I use the same digits both in the settings and in the .DVD.

I appreciate all the help I can get ;)

Any other things I need to know if I want to back up my games?

Going by the screenshot you posted above, it's already set to DVD-ROM.

If you've changed it since then, change it back.

You should also leave the layer break setting on 'Calculate Optimal'. The value will be read from the .DVD file and that value should always be present anyway.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.