Host adapter status: 0x00

Interpretation: host adapter did not detect an error

Target status: 0x02

Interpretation: Check condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 11 42 A0 00 00 20 00

Interpretation: Write (10) - Sectors: 1131168 - 1131199

Sense area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Interpretation: Write error

By the way, is there an easy way to copy and paste this message. I had to type it because i could not copy&paste it.

roblov.

Ctrl+C when the box is on the screen

But really the log provides us with all the info we need.

As ASPI clearly fails too, go back to SPTI as it has other benefits.

But SPTI failed everytime before. Do you think removing the drivers you told me about might make SPTI work better than it did?

roblov.

another failed burn. here's the log.

---------------------------

ImgBurn

I/O Error!

Device: [0:1:0] SONY DVD RW DW-D26A JYS3 (D:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02

Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 1A 86 40 00 00 20 00

Interpretation: Write (10) - Sectors: 1738304 - 1738335

Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 00 00

Interpretation: Write Error

Reintentar Cancelar

roblov.

It can't hurt to try it again.

The I/O interface used shouldn't make any difference to what works and what doesn't.

It's just a road going from the software to the drive.

By using ASPI, all you're doing is taking an alternative route.

Success / failure is determined by the drive/firmware/media combo, nothing else should come into it. (Besides buggy filter drivers, which hopefully we've cut down on)

I'd say now is a good time to get testing the drive in another PC before then investing in a new one.

what may i find when using it in another pc?

by the way, the structure of the dvd i try to burn consists of a single folder. i get a warning message. may this have anything to do with my problem? when i put many folders in the structure, the burn went fine.

roblov.

Well if it keeps failing on another PC that can currently burn without any problems then you'll know is your drive rather than some other software/hardware configuration issue.

What you're burning and how you're doing it is nothing to do with the error. The drive doesn't know or care about that type of thing. You could be burning all 0's for all it cares.

Well if it keeps failing on another PC that can currently burn without any problems then you'll know is your drive rather than some other software/hardware configuration issue.

What you're burning and how you're doing it is nothing to do with the error. The drive doesn't know or care about that type of thing. You could be burning all 0's for all it cares.

It's a pain in the a... but i guess i'll have to do what you suggest. I don't have a clue as to why i get these random successful/unsuccessful burns.

Thanks L, you're very kind.

roblov.

I've installed DVDInfoPro and tried the same kind of burn with Sony DVD+R discs (discid: SONY-D21-00) and it failed again.

The error i got was:

I/O Error!

ASPI SRB Status: 0x04

Interpretation: SRB completed with error

Host adapter status: 0x00

Interpretation: host adapter did not detect an error

Target status: 0x02

Interpretation: Check condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 11 42 A0 00 00 20 00

Interpretation: Write (10) - Sectors: 1131168 - 1131199

Sense area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Interpretation: Write error

I also attach a graphic file with the drive performance during the burn. The write speed remains constant until the burn finishes but the rpms diminish constantly during most of the burn. is that normal functioning of the drive?

roblov.

post-8771-1201607553_thumb.jpg

That write error doesn't really match up with the IBG you're displaying in DVDInfoPro - well, not unless a manual 'retry' worked?

The error says it died at LBA 1131168 and the graph shows it burnt far beyond that.

Seriously, don't waste any more time and money on that drive as it is.

Try it in another PC (or don't).

Then just buy a new drive. They're less than £20 here in the UK now and you've probably done that in coasters!

That write error doesn't really match up with the IBG you're displaying in DVDInfoPro - well, not unless a manual 'retry' worked?

The error says it died at LBA 1131168 and the graph shows it burnt far beyond that.

Seriously, don't waste any more time and money on that drive as it is.

Try it in another PC (or don't).

Then just buy a new drive. They're less than £20 here in the UK now and you've probably done that in coasters!

Sorry, i posted a log similar (but not exactly the same) to the one i got because i had closed the window with the log by mistake. The graphic file is from the actual burn. The burn went almost to the end, as you say.

Well, if i have to buy a new drive, i'll do it eventually. I'm not happy about throwing away something that, as i see it, isn't completely broken. That's why i'm insisting so much on this. I'm done asking questions about this. I don't want to be such a bothering guy.

Thanks,

roblov.

lol it fails an awful lot for something that's not completely broken!

How 'broken' does it have to be exactly?! lol

You NEED to test it in another machine with a nice clean / fully working OS (that's known to be able to burn). If it works, fix/reinstall your PC. If it doesn't, you'll know for sure it's the drive.

Oh and you're not bothering, I just don't like to see people wasting their time by repeating things that just keep failing without actually having changed anything significant.

lol it fails an awful lot for something that's not completely broken!

How 'broken' does it have to be exactly?! lol

You NEED to test it in another machine with a nice clean / fully working OS (that's known to be able to burn). If it works, fix/reinstall your PC. If it doesn't, you'll know for sure it's the drive.

Oh and you're not bothering, I just don't like to see people wasting their time by repeating things that just keep failing without actually having changed anything significant.

I thought that, since it had burned some dvds and cds recently, something could be that to fix whatever was needed to make it work at its best again. Maybe that can't be done or, as you suggest, isn't worth it.

Thanks again L,

roblov.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.