Which external DVD-R/W?

JaneK

I just downloaded and installed this program and got the medium not present message. I am completely unfamiliar with most of what I have read on these boards, am learning as fast as I can. I presume, looking at the specs that came with my machine a few years ago, that DVD-ROM means I cannot use the drive to write DVDs, only to play them. So I could buy an external DVD read/write drive, correct? If so does anyone have a recommendation as to what brand or which features I should be looking for?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give. Oh, and even though I could not actually do anything with this software yet, it is designed very well, the instructions given here are extremely good and it looks like it will work perfectly if and when I get over this little hardware glitch.

JaneK

Do you have a proper desktop PC or a laptop?

If you have a laptop, fair enough, get an external drive - otherwise you're much better off replacing the one in your PC.

Thank you for your reply. I have a desktop but no mechanical skill, am more comfortable with just plugging something in. So I ran out and bought an LG DVD Rewriter and its working for ImgBurn videos quite well. Now I have to learn to use it to back up all my Photoshop files and raw photos, will follow the threads here to find the answers for that.

Thank you for this software it is most wonderful.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.