two questions!

ataylor

First off, loving ImgBurn - another great product from LIGHTNINGUK ;)

1. I have read around here that Taiyo Yuden are the best DVDs to buy, but I'm having trouble finding them. Are Verbatims as good? I'm only doing single layer burns so no need for DL media..

2. Whats the best way to store DVDs? I'm currently using a dvd wallet sort of thing, but not sure if this is a good option for long term storage.

Been having all sorts of problems recently, I've backed up a ton of files to about 20 discs only to find out its crap media (TDK), all burnt using DeepBurner which reported no problems with any of them... First burn I try with ImgBurn and it reports a ton of read errors :P To the shops!

Thanks for the help guys. I'm currently in Australia and have just picked up a spool of 50 Verbatim DVD-Rs. Not too hard to find decent media, but harder than the UK...

To expand on the DVD storage - I have one of those cases, but have always been worried that if you are constantly slipping the discs in and out of the pockets that they could get damaged.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm currently in Australia and have just picked up a spool of 50 Verbatim DVD-Rs. Not too hard to find decent media, but harder than the UK...

To expand on the DVD storage - I have one of those cases, but have always been worried that if you are constantly slipping the discs in and out of the pockets that they could get damaged.

Where in Australia? I buy my Verbs from Mr CDR in Brisbane.

http://www.mrcdr.com.au/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.