Build Mode - and General Question

BoSox2882

I was wondering this. Is it possible to build an ISO (or burn from) from the VIDEO_TS file of the file in the DVD Drive? What I mean is, while in build mode, can you hit browse, go to my computer, drive D (or whatever), select the movie, and then the VIDEO_TS file?

Wouldn't that also give the original layer break as well. In the one I tried (I didn't create the ISO, wasn't sure what would happen) it gave me the original layer break as an option. This should result in the same way as 'read' mode, but would give the option of using "seamless" playback.

Also, just a general question. Does ImgBurn, and for that matter other burning programs, add dummy sectors to the end? I used build mode to make an ISO, then opened it in write mode. It had added 6 sectors to the end from the original. Or is this just postering, and will they be same once burnt?

Also, just a general question. Does ImgBurn, and for that matter other burning programs, add dummy sectors to the end? I used build mode to make an ISO, then opened it in write mode. It had added 6 sectors to the end from the original. Or is this just postering, and will they be same once burnt?

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me I'm afraid.

Build mode should tell you exactly how big the image is that it'll create. That size should then be the same when you open it in Write mode.

Can you provide a test case when that's not true?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.