Can't access drive after bad burn

Jangle

Occassionally (perhaps 1 in 30), I get a bad burn at some random percentage of completion. A typical error looks like this:

E 17:08:49 Failed to Write Sectors 983552 - 983583 - Write Error

When this happens, I'm offered the choice of retry or cancel, and I click the cancel button; the bad disk is ejected, but Imgburn won't return access to my drive. (Retry just returns command sequence error and same choices again).

What's worse, is that no amount (with my limited knowledge) of closing the program, including task manager will free the drive. Even if I sucessfully get the program closed with task manager, the drive is still being accessed (by Imgburn I think), and cannot be used.

When this happens, it normally takes a full power off to get going again...even restart in Windows doesn't work.

Any suggestions on how to regain control of drive and stop the program gracefully? I do use quality TY discs, so regardless of what's happening I wonder if my dvd drive is going South.

What drive do you have exactly?

It sounds as though it has the problem, ImgBurn always tries to terminate the burn nicely and leave everything in a fully working state. If all it keeps doing is erroring out with 'command sequence error' then it can't be behaving itself.

What drive do you have exactly?

It sounds as though it has the problem, ImgBurn always tries to terminate the burn nicely and leave everything in a fully working state. If all it keeps doing is erroring out with 'command sequence error' then it can't be behaving itself.

According to ImgBurn display window: LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H LL06 (ATA)

At Lite-On USA site, LL06 is the latest firmware.

On the international site, there is something called LL0C, but I don't know if that's really one I should use.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.