Windows Server 2003 Bootable CD

dkratter

Just to get some clarification on a few things using ImgBurn 2.3.2.0, based on what I've read in other posts (regarding Windows XP) about making a bootable CD after slipstreaming...

While trying to create a bootable CD of Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP2, I have these settings:

• File System: ISO9660
  • ISO9660 Restrictions:
    • Folder/File Name Length: Level 2 - 31 Characters
    • Character Set: Standard
    • Allow More Than 8 Directory Levels
    • Allow More Than 255 Characters In Path
    • Allow Files Without Extensions
    • Don't Add ';1' Version Number To Files

Is it still normal to get the following in the log?

"W 11:33:35 ISO9660 File System: 85 folder/file names have been truncated due to your current settings."

I even tried using Level X - 219 Characters, but I got the same warning. I can't imagine there are really such long file or folder names on a Windows install CD.

Truncated is the wrong word (and has been changed for the next version), it should be 'modified'.

What you're probably seeing is file with invalid characters for the 'standard' character set.

On my own 2003 SP2 disc I get 86 modified names with your settings.

Switch to ASCII and I get 4.

W 17:32:40 ISO9660 File: 'v:\I386\SYSTEM.WEB.SECURITY.SINGLESIGNON.DL_' -> 'SYSTEM.WEB.SECURITY.SINGLES.DL_'

W 17:32:40 ISO9660 File: 'v:\I386\SYSTEM.WEB.SECURITY.SINGLESIGNON.PARTIALTRUST.DLL' -> 'SYSTEM.WEB.SECURITY.SINGLES.DLL'

W 17:32:40 ISO9660 File: 'v:\I386\SYSTEM.WEB.SECURITY.SINGLESIGNON.PERMISSIONS.DLL' -> 'SYSTEM.WEB.SECURITY.SINGLE2.DLL'

W 17:32:40 ISO9660 File: 'v:\I386\SYSTEM.WEB.SECURITY.SINGLESIGNON.PERMISSIONS.RESOURCES.DLL' -> 'SYSTEM.WEB.SECURITY.SINGLE3.DLL'

W 17:32:40 ISO9660 File System: 4 folder/file names have been modified due to your current settings.

Switch to Level X and I get 0.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.