Determinig the time of layer break point on a backed up DVD

Robbo2

Ok I've done an extensive search (opportunity for a flaming if I've missed something)....When I back up my DVDs onto DL media (Verbatim DL+R) mostly they play ok however sometimes I get a hang up for a couple of seconds at the Layer break or playback skips a couple of seconds at the LB. I'm still learning and using tips from the guides and eleswhere on the forum so what i really want to know if after I've backed up how do I determine at what point of playback (i.e. minutes and seconds, and chapter not cells, sectors or %) is the LB so I can put the back up disk in my standalaone player and check the playback there is good.

All answers welcome (apart from the obvious watch the whole DVD).

Thanks,

Rob

P.S.

I verify each disc with either IMG burn or Nero CD- DVD Speed but this does not highlight any problems.

Check "seamless layer break" and the very annoying little "hang up" (which happens on all commercial DVDs) will vanish. Note - not all players will support this, so try it out once and test it in your players. All my players, including high end ones do, though.

The layer break time is shown when setting up the burn in build mode. This is the start time of the playback immediately after the break. The little hangup will be characterised by "SPLIP=No"

Regards

Check "seamless layer break" and the very annoying little "hang up" (which happens on all commercial DVDs) will vanish. Note - not all players will support this, so try it out once and test it in your players. All my players, including high end ones do, though.

I suppose trying it with one disc will be worth the sacrifice if it doen't work knowing that all future DVDs will work.

What about existing back ups how do I determine the position of the LB (in time), is it the best result from the build process e.g. attached doc shows the LB screen direct from a finalised back up disc which exbits the hang up / skip a few secs problem) it shows two possibilities (the 2nd being the best option) Is this where the LB is during playback i.e. 1hr 16m,00secs but I get the hang up on this disc at 1hr 18m 11secs, which you can see during the preview screen?? :unsure:

LB_Example.doc

Impossible to tell from the doc. It's either at 1:14 or 1:16, that's for sure. :)

If you are getting a 2 second pause (or skipping) after the layer break, it means the player isn't reading the media well. Do ensure you are using Verbatim +R DLs 2.4X made in Singapore.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.