ImgBurn won't see DVD drive

TonyL

Hi!

I'm running WIndows Vista against my better judgment (grin). The drive in question is a TSST corp CD/DVDW TS-H652D ATA device. For some reason ImgBurn won't see the DVD capability and insists that it is CD only. For minimum media it always lists CD even when I have a DVD in the drive. I'm rather new to WIndows so I'm pretty sure the error is on my part. ANy suggestions? :teehee:

Tony

For minimum media it always lists CD even when I have a DVD in the drive.

Is this shown when you're using Build mode? If so, it's normal, as the data you're adding will fit on a CD, thus a DVD isn't needed. May I guess you're trying to burn video(s) to watch on a standard DVD player? If this is the case, you'll need to convert those videos to DVD-Video format, which you can do by using DVD Flick. If it's something else, feel free to ask how to do it (have a look in the Guides section for even quicker help ;))

By the way, to see the real capabilities of your drive, you can go to Tools/Drive/Capabilities :thumbup:

Nope, it's all DVD files, VTS and so on. Totals to 4.35 gigs. It is all the same movie. The info says it only comes to a bit over 1 meg in ImgBurn but I know the whole thing is over 4 gigs.

Edited by TonyL

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.