can imgburn burn a data cd-r?

dr_ml422

went through the search, and really didn't find anything about imgburn being able to burn data onto a cd-r, and if i missed that, i don't know how to do it anyway. do you still have to create an image to burn data onto a cd-r? it's called imgburn 4 a reason. that i'm clear about. i really need help w/this, because i'm trying to see if my burner which is a 112d from pioneer is having issues w/a proggie i'm using, or whether it's an all around problem. have latest firmware 1.24. also read the thread w/the fella having issues w/same burner, and then putting it in different system. don't have luxury to do that, and issue is w/cds anyway. btw i'm using burrrn to burn the cds. my other 2 drives, samsung sata sh-s203b, and samsung sh-s202j have no problems whatsover. thnx.

Yes, ImgBurn can burn CD-Rs, and to do that, use it in Build mode with Output set to Device. This guide tells you how to use the Build mode :thumbup:

thnx mmalves. i did do it that way b4, but it still creates an image of the data doesn't it? only b able to view it on stand alone dvd player, or pc right?

Build mode can either create an ISO or burn to a disc directly (without making an ISO).

Just change the 'Output' as mmalves has already said.

i got that. i guess i'm waiting for that new version of imgburn w/the audio feature. it will create an image of a music cd on a cd-r, but it'll only play in my stand alone dvd player. correct? also tried in vain to see what the discovery feature is about, and couldn't find anything in search, or just put wrong keyword. there's no guide on this. i think? can you please help me w/this. appreciated as always.

If you burn a CD Audio disc with the new version (2.4.0.0+), yes it'll be the same as a normal CD Audio disc and you'll be able to play it in the same places you can play those. (legacy cd players, PC, car stereo, dvd players)

If you want a data CD containing MP3 etc, it'll be playable in whatever devices you have that can play mp3 files. (i.e. in your PC, a new car stereo, most new dvd players)

Discovery mode just burns a disc full of zeroes so you can do pipo scans on it etc. (see the media and testing forum)

thnx lightning. that audio feature on your new version should just about add another 2 or 3 cherries to imgburn. i'll check that discovery feature out. btw that 112d just outright has cd burning issues period. i even returned the 115d cause of that. took the 112d back cause pioneer had a recall, which hasn't done much obviously. just a note in case you get more threads about it. i see ther's 1 mab 2 here, and a whole bunch in other forums.

thnx shamus. for a bit there i was totally frustrated, and trying to really give it the benefit of the doubt by process of elimination in regards to any pc hardware problems, as well as any software. i now know what i'd thought all along. it's a crap drive period. end of story. lucky for me i have an extra sammy that's great, and also my 2 original drives that came w/my pc. oh well. you live, and you learn.

Previously, I've been a huge fan of the Pioneer drives having owned a 105, 106 and 2x109s. Never had a problem with them. These fcuking 112s, 114s and 115s aren't in the same league. I'll never buy another one. FWIW, errors displayed by ImgBurn are always hardware errors - drives or media. If ImgBurn sits there like a stale bottle of piss and not doing anything, it'll be waiting for an "OK" or something from the drive. Write errors and read errors are "always" a hardware issue.

honestly, i'm ptfo about this pioneer myself. 1 4 reading the damn reviews, and they saying it was very good w/slight issues on the cd tip. right there i should of stayed as far away as possible. i pulled the trigger w/the biggest mistake many of us make, thinking it might not b bad, and they've fixed it. i needed to stick to my resolution this new year of taking the suggestions of the more experienced members, and also reviews 4 that matter. i fell asleep on this 1. there's an old saying that says,"you can't str8ten out a crooked branch." i'm stuck w/it now as a back up dvd burner which the damn thing does do well. never again 4 me either. anything else would b pure insanity. i was looking to use it to complement my 20x sammy, and free up the sata port i have my sata sammy in. i'm sticking w/what's working, and probably just snatch another ide sammy, or use my oem from my pc. at least they'll burn everything. i probably can't even chuck it 4 a reasonable price brand new as is.

just be thankful they are not still £300 a pop and most are around £20 or just under so not the end of the world especially if you can return it or even open it up and free eye surgery.

returned 2, and 2 different models. no more returning as they swear it's not defective anymore. my mistake was the first return where i thought the 115d would b different, and the online site i got the 112d told me to keep it, and get w/e i wanted. i chose the 115d. wrong decision. bottom line is it's always about the money. we try to say it isn't, and think of all sorts of rationalizations, like it's the principle, and so forth, but it's always about the money, no matter how much. you're right though it's not the end of the world. it's brand new in the box though. hint. hint.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.