Second Best

greyowl

I know that ImgBurn is the best burner.

I am wondering what would be the second best burner for those job that ImgBurn cannot do eg multisession, audio, boot CD, etc. Or jobs that I cannot figure out on ImgBurn.

I have available to me a full version of Nero 6.6. This is the older vision before the bloat. I think it is about a 30-40 mb installation. I have noticed that many people mention using Nero until new features are availble for ImgBurn. Is Nero considered the second best in the industry? or is there another app that is better. I am running W2K and only have a CD Burner so only burn CDs.

Thoughts and advise will be appreciated

Well, I only have Nero installed because I use the Cover Designer with my new lightscribe drive (LG GSA H55L).

For burning audio cds, you could use Burrrn. You could also use Exact Audio Copy.

I don't use multi-session discs myself, but nero is a good (current) choice for that.

ImgBurn can read and burn bootable cds. In build mode, click the Advanced tab, then Bootable Disc. :thumbup:

btw, my version of nero is 6.6.0.16.

Do I need Nero on the computer first and then update with this version, or can i just clean install this version and put in my registration number?

It supports both upgrading an existing version and also clean install with a serial number :thumbup:

afaik it's a good way to make a coaster if you multitask right at the beginning of a burn

nero grabs a 200 megs of ram just in case you need it and then releases excess later

at an 8x dvd burn you are only writting at 11 MB/s

there are a few nero geeks left over at cdfreaks

afaik it's a good way to make a coaster if you multitask right at the beginning of a burn

nero grabs a 200 megs of ram just in case you need it and then releases excess later

at an 8x dvd burn you are only writting at 11 MB/s

there are a few nero geeks left over at cdfreaks

So, is it better to use Nero 6.6.0.18, rather than the 6.6.1.15, in order to avoid this issue?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.