TSST Corp DVD-Rom SH-D163b

pops69

I just installed a new Samsung D163b dvd drive that has already been flashed with the proper upgrade

I'm running vista and the systems reports the drive is installed and working fine with the latest drivers

i'm able to put cd and dvd into this drive and the systems reads the drive fine

but when i start Img Burn it reports

Destination

No Writers Detected! and i cant select any drives with the drop down arrow, and at the bottome of the screen it also says

No Writers Detected!

I had other burn software installed and figure that they might all conflict with each other so i removed them all and only Img Burn is current installed

any other tests or things i need to do to set the software up properly

many thanks

It's a DVD-ROM drive, it can't write discs.

so i bough a paper weight? but yet Xbox Backup Creator v2.7 Build:0265 reports the following when i put a 360 game to back up in the drive.

Xbox Backup Creator v2.7 Build:0265 By Redline99

Found ODD: TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SH-D163B SB01 at [D]

Additional Info: KREON V1.00

Found ODD: PHILIPS DVD-ROM DROM6316 ODFN at [F]

Additional Info: D4157S62814583

Nero API is not available

ImgBurn 2.3.2.0 is available

ImgBurn - The Ultimate Image Burner! by LIGHTNING UK!

Getting media info [D]

Media Type: CD-ROM

Bytes Used: 483 MB (506,097,664 bytes)

Getting media info [D]

Media Type: Not Present

so is this drive only for me to create iso img of my games to my hard drive?

tks

You bought it I pressume to read xbox 360 games as thats one of the drives that can be flashed to do so. It cannot write disc's though.

lol, i see what i did wrong. i took out the dvd burner from my computer and installed another dvd reader, the new one was to read the 360 disks and create an iso to my hd so that i could burn them

reinstalled the burner and going to see if i make a coaster

tks for your help, hopefully making progress, slowly but in jerks

tks again

To maximise success, make sure you tick complete backup, set the book type to DVD-ROM if your drive allows it Pioneer 111,112,115 auto do this, Liteon drives select from book icon in ImgBurn and make sure you use Verbatim made in Singapore DL+ @2.4x @4X on samsungs latest writers.

To maximise success, make sure you tick complete backup, set the book type to DVD-ROM if your drive allows it Pioneer 111,112,115 auto do this, Liteon drives select from book icon in ImgBurn and make sure you use Verbatim made in Singapore DL+ @2.4x @4X on samsungs latest writers.

i'll find out shortly if i have a coster or game to play. the burner is one that came with the dell system. TTS Corp DVD+RW TS=H553A, i didnt for the above setting you suggested above but will try again if i get a coster

tks again

i'll find out shortly if i have a coster or game to play. the burner is one that came with the dell system. TTS Corp DVD+RW TS=H553A, i didnt for the above setting you suggested above but will try again if i get a coster

tks again

wow, it worked 1st try, after i fixed all my stupid shit

wouldnt recommend anyone do it the way i did using an iso i d/l with torrent so had no idea it was any good but it's running fine.

tks again for all your help. very responsibe bbs and support and very nice simple program

glta

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.