Confused about DVD-RW and finalizing

Diversion

Hi, I have burned several movies (iso or img) to Traxdata 4x DVD-RW discs using 2x speed. The discs play as they should in any PC but when I try to play them in a any standalone DVD player (I tried several) the picture skips and freezes. Often it works but after a little more than an hour of playback the problems occur, on some discs it starts right away.

I have just been told that -RW discs need to be finalized before a standalone can accept them. However I find no such option in Imgburn when starting to burn. I was told that it can be done manually afterwards but if I choose Tools/Drive/Close disc after burning is done, nothing happens at all, not even a error message. Can anyone help?

I might add that I am somewhat of a newbie on this.

Edited by Diversion

ImgBurn can't create open/non-finalized/multisession discs: it can only create closed/finalized discs, which is the most compatible type. Your problem seems to be poor quality media. Try Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden rewritables as they're known for quality :thumbup:

By the way, open/non-finalized discs wouldn't play at all on standard DVD players.

You have really poor media. Change to Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim and your problems will be solved.

ImgBurn will automatically finalise a burn. You should post your logs (see pink bit at top).

EDIT: mmalves was faster

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.