dvd drive

Tv3gard

hi, when i first used my pc the dvd drive worked fine, but after i have been installed vista and then xp again (when i was really into burning) it didnt play dvd movies and not burn dvds.

i was just wondering, do i miss some decoder or drivers or something??? :unsure:

well, yes i had a disk in it when i took the picture. dont know if it is nessecary but her do you see what kind of disk i used

dsc00269tj2.jpg

dsc00270ht1.jpg

dsc00271wy9.jpg

you said:

"Can it see *any* discs? Like an original CD/DVD disc, not a burnt/writable one."

do you think of a dvd movie for example??? if so, the dvd drive dosent read it eather (wierd) :pirate:

my big brother has a usb dvd drive that works on my pc. it is a problem there, i dont want to use my brothers dvd drive all the time cause i burn dvd's often and he uses the drive to keep his pc working.

But my dvd driver reads defult cd's

Edited by Tv3gard

If your drive won't even play an original DVD, it sounds like it is no good.

You can try a drive cleaning kit (about $10) - but a new drive might be even more value for money. You can also try uninstalling the drive from Windows and reinstalling it and rebooting - a driver might have gone astray.

Regards

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I'm using Sony DVD-R's and t says Device Not Ready (Medium not present) I was reading some other stuff and it said to update my firmware, how could I do that?

Oh, and also, under "Destination" it only shows one drive which is the D drive but on my computer, the DVD Drive is the E drive. Is that normal?

Oh, and also, under "Destination" it only shows one drive which is the D drive but on my computer, the DVD Drive is the E drive. Is that normal?

Seems like you're in one of the writing modes of ImgBurn, which only show drives that are able to burn. Switch to Read mode and all your devices will be shown :thumbup:

Seems like you're in one of the writing modes of ImgBurn, which only show drives that are able to burn. Switch to Read mode and all your devices will be shown :thumbup:

Oh, so the D drive is the only one I'm able to burn on? I thought it would be the E drive since it was labeled as the DVD drive in "My Computer".

Oh, so the D drive is the only one I'm able to burn on? I thought it would be the E drive since it was labeled as the DVD drive in "My Computer".

To know the capabilities of each drive, switch to Read mode, select a drive, right-click on its name and choose Capabilities.

To know the capabilities of each drive, switch to Read mode, select a drive, right-click on its name and choose Capabilities.

Wow, my drives must be really outdated. My E drive can't write anything, and my D drive can only write CD-R and CD-RW. Is there any way to make my drives capable of writing DVD-R ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.