Power calibration Error before burn with Ver2.4.0.0

yangxi

yeah i been using imgburn not that often i must admit, but when i do its flawless

i updated today to 2,40 as it was newly available and i too got hit with optimum power calibration failed

so i returned back to 2.32 and now get hit with power claibration failure when writing the 2nd layer.

i have now uninstalled the program, and will read the pink slip :)

Edited by palman

The errors come from the drive. It doesn't matter which version of the program you use, if the drive is going to error out then it's going to error out. End of story.

Reverting in an attempt to get past an error doesn't help anyone.

i was merely commenting on that i have never had an issue with your program , until this build. hence me finding the need to look at the FAQ's

i never had any errors on the previous build, hence my immediate though of going back to it, but i am aware of the power calibration error as occasionlaly i have had it with other computers and other writers usally with nero as it doesn't like other burning software installed.

but thank you for your inputl

Edited by palman

What has changed is i had to repair install windows xp, so wether that somehow messed something up i am not sure.

i can burn dvd-r with nero, but this is the first time i wanted to burn a DL since the repair install last week. No hardware has changed, admittedly its a 108 pioneer in that computer, 650w psu , the same blank media i burned many times on.

i have bank of 10 112d's that i use to burn many, but i use the 108 to make the master so to speak.

I used the search to find OPTIMUM power calibration as this is a new error to me, and only found my thread.

Is it possible on the new install somethign didnt get put back right, hence not allowing me to use your new build? indeed if i had not chosen to update from what you say that would have given me the same error.

Like i say i don;t use your program much, but it is really useful when building DL discs to get a LBP.

All i am doing really is backing up an image left on the computer, i could copy it to this computer and burn it on this writer and previous build to get me out the myer quickly, as as usual sometimes the ,most simplest computer task becomes an all day job.

I have to leave this particular project now as i have more demanding work to do, but i do have the latest 1.20 firmware for my writer and as i mentioned before its never been an issue, so logically it must be the repair to xp that messed the writer drivers up somewhere.

Any help appreciated, as when i get chance i will need to back to archive the image.

i just found this elsewhere, perhaps i was just unlucky to have a bad disc?

Power Calibration error solutions

Try another brand of DVD-/+R or DVD-/+RW media. This is the most common cause of OPC errors.

Update the firmware of your recorder. Check the manufacturer's website for the latest version.

Check your power connectors, loose connections do occur. Don't share power with other devices.

It needs its own power connector. If the error occurs with an external recorder, Check the USB cable

and connections.

Try different configurations, such as taking the DVD-ROM to the primary IDE bus as slave and have only the recorder connected to the secondary IDE bus as master.

Clean or have your DVD burner serviced. There are cleaning kits available. Sometimes just a gentle appplication of canned air can remove dust blocking the laser.

Replace the DVD burner.

Power Calibration error solutions

Try another brand of DVD-/+R or DVD-/+RW media. This is the most common cause of OPC errors.

Update the firmware of your recorder. Check the manufacturer's website for the latest version.

Check your power connectors, loose connections do occur. Don't share power with other devices.

It needs its own power connector. If the error occurs with an external recorder, Check the USB cable

and connections.

Try different configurations, such as taking the DVD-ROM to the primary IDE bus as slave and have only the recorder connected to the secondary IDE bus as master.

Clean or have your DVD burner serviced. There are cleaning kits available. Sometimes just a gentle appplication of canned air can remove dust blocking the laser.

Don't forget in some cases it can be due to unremoved copy protection, which we can't talk about here, and faulty discs from the manufacturer as in commercial movies.

Don't forget in some cases it can be due to unremoved copy protection, which we can't talk about here, and faulty discs from the manufacturer as in commercial movies.

Could be but not in this instant, as i made the master :) It someone weddings

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.