ImgBurn does not close

DVDBoy

I have latest version of ImgBurn, running WindowsXP Home-SP2.

When I shot down Windows, yellow closing window come up to close ImgBurn. When finished it say Program not responding. I have to use "End Now" to close it before Windows can complete. I closed ImgBurn after burning.

This happen few times with previous version also.

So it won't close if you shutdown windows without closing the actual program first?

Can't say as I've ever tried!

If you are closing the program down properly first (and the GUI vanishes), is it really still in taskmanager?

I don't know why that would happen and haven't ever seen it in all the times I've loaded/close it - and that's a LOT!

Perhaps it's related to another program you have running - like antivirus or something similar?

So it won't close if you shutdown windows without closing the actual program first?

Can't say as I've ever tried!

If you are closing the program down properly first (and the GUI vanishes), is it really still in taskmanager?

I don't know why that would happen and haven't ever seen it in all the times I've loaded/close it - and that's a LOT!

Perhaps it's related to another program you have running - like antivirus or something similar?

Last night I had Nero Speed disk on before closing windows.

Both progs were closed before exiting windows. ImgBurn when finished burning and than Nero when done. They did not run together.

Next time I will check taskmanager if everything closed first.

Just tried a shutdown with 2.4.0.0 open and no problems.

Might be one of your usb ports especially if you have a creative soundcard.

eg you have an external hard drive or ex dvd writer or basically anything usb2

I have couple things on USB, none of them was ON. Do not have external drive.

I use Creative sound card, but what that has to do wit it?

I have couple things on USB, none of them was ON. Do not have external drive.

I use Creative sound card, but what that has to do wit it?

It has nothing to do with it what so ever I just made it up for the sake of it

Creative sound cards and usb externals do not get on sometimes, this manifests as not being able to shutdown computer until you switch off the usb eg the power switch on an external dvd writer.

Creative sound cards and usb externals do not get on sometimes, this manifests as not being able to shutdown computer until you switch off the usb eg the power switch on an external dvd writer.

This is not an argument.

I have printer and a web cam on USB, but none of those were turned on during the time I spend on computer.

Now that is some pretty funny stuff donta.... :lol::lol:

But this just makes it better..... :D:D

This is not an argument.

Lol I never said it was an argument

Or...maybe I've been up too long and this isn't all that funny after all..... :P

• 2 years later...

I have a similar problem with 2.5.1.0. Burn and verify completes just fine, however sometimes ImgBurn refuses to close. I get the "Abort Request Acknowledged" but it'll only close with the Task Manager. USB devices were mentioned, and right now that ImgBurn refuses to exit again, I do have a couple of external USB HD's connected (and working fine).

Used Task Manager, re-opened ImgBurn and now it closed fine. Seems this only happens after a burn.

If it says 'abort request acknowledged' then it thinks a thread is still running, otherwise you'd get 'close request acknowledged'.

If something 'non standard' happened during the burn and you're able to reproduce it (because I haven't ever seen it), get back to me.

Copies of the log and screenshots of the main window would be required.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.