US Sci-Fi Channel to air new Doctor Who

digidragon

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True but the new cybermen have slightly redesigned suits and helmets. I wonder how the US will cover the Christmas Invasion stories ? Here in England they were aired between the end of the 1st series and the start of the new, if you like the new Dr's first adventure....

I guess the US network will just show it and ignore the obvious reference to Xmas in it !! :P

• 2 weeks later...
True but the new cybermen have slightly redesigned suits and helmets. I wonder how the US will cover the Christmas Invasion stories ?

Speaking of Invasion, I can't believe the BBC is actually using one of MY ideas! :D Supposedly, in November, original series story, The Invasion, is going to be released on DVD. And that the two missing episodes will have Cosgrove-Hall (Danger Mouse, Count Duckula) animation synched to the surviving off-air recordings to replicate the missing episodes.

It will be a little odd seeing as we saw her killed in episode 12 but I am sure the scriptwriters can deal with that - as the release says she will play a different character and it's not the first time this has happened in a tv series is it ?

So................ what's the surprise for the Christmas special episode digi ?

Speaking of Invasion, I can't believe the BBC is actually using one of MY ideas! :D Supposedly, in November, original series story, The Invasion, is going to be released on DVD. And that the two missing episodes will have Cosgrove-Hall (Danger Mouse, Count Duckula) animation synched to the surviving off-air recordings to replicate the missing episodes.

I looked at that earlier, theres a preveiw on the beeb's site if you havent seen it already. Only short, but looks good.

Click here.

It will be a little odd seeing as we saw her killed in episode 12 but I am sure the scriptwriters can deal with that - as the release says she will play a different character and it's not the first time this has happened in a tv series is it ?

Wouldn't be the first time it happened on Doctor who, either. ;) The Brigadier died back in the Dalek Master Plan, to name but one. :lol:

I looked at that earlier, theres a preveiw on the beeb's site if you havent seen it already. Only short, but looks good.

Click here.

Cool! I don't recall seeing a preview link when I first saw this post, which is where I learned of it. :)

Saw some wider exposure for the 9th Doctor season on American TV last night. :o Was rather surprised to be a Best Buy ad for the July 4th R1 DVD boxed set release on a station other than the Sci-Fi Channel! :w00tdance:

I think it was on FX.

Thanks to a certain, friendly magic dragon! :D

Speaking of Genesis, received my R1 DVD on Saturday. (2008 will mark the 20th anniversary of when I first saw it on PBS. :)) Ah, there is a reason why it is considered the greatest Doctor Who serial of all time! It still holds up today. And, to have Tom Baker finally on a commentary... sweet!

And don't forget the Daleks' Genesis Ark, which may or may not contain Davros!

HeHe! Look forward to that, Davros was the only one of the Daleks who scared me! Just found him really creepy as a kid!davros045sx.gif

Thanks to a certain, friendly magic dragon! :D

Speaking of Genesis, received my R1 DVD on Saturday. (2008 will mark the 20th anniversary of when I first saw it on PBS. :)) Ah, there is a reason why it is considered the greatest Doctor Who serial of all time! It still holds up today. And, to have Tom Baker finally on a commentary... sweet!

Everytime I hear Toms voice now I think of little britain!! Vicky Pollard versus the Daleks!!!! =))=))=)) Yeah, but, no, but, exterminate!!!

Edited by jack

I was just now thinking of the new Dalek ability to rotate the center section independently of the head and the base, as seen in the episode Dalek. Why? :) It seems to me something that looks cool, but, has no useful function BECAUSE a Dalek could do this already. Its head could look in one direction while its base was facing the other.

Also, ever wonder what those globes are for? According to the Doctor Who Technical Manual, they detect things like temperature, infrared heat signatures, and MOVEMENT. If all of that is so... how come nearly all Dalek stories feature someone simply hiding from a Dalek gliding by by merely hiding in a corner? :lol:

Batteries have nothing to do with it. :lol: Why is it there if the Dalek can already do it? Looks cool, but, serves only a redundant function. :)

From what I've read of the finale... I'm not entirely sure I can buy a lot of where Davies is taking the ideas. :huh: I admit, I've warmed up more to the concept of the Dalek Emperor as a god unto itself than when I first saw The Parting Of The Ways. I didn't like it at first, I freely admit. But, subsequent viewings have changed that initial opinion. But, this Cult Of Skaro thing... granted, I've not seen the story yet, so, I have to reserve judgment. Didn't we already see Daleks with names in Evil Of The Daleks, though? :wink:

And, seems to me Davies using the name Genesis Ark is another red herring like the rumors of Davros appearing as either the Emperor or Bad Wolf last year. Oh, and, if Rose absorbed the heart of the TARDIS at one point as she did, surely, she would have seen her own future :death: , right, and try to prevent it? ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.