US Sci-Fi Channel to air new Doctor Who

digidragon

Doctor Who takes time out as Scooch Fly The Flag.

He may have thwarted the Daleks last week, but the Doctor has finally met his match with the Eurovision Song Contest.

After some severe spreadsheet shuffling in Scheduling (try saying that fast) it's been decided that an early start for episode seven, Chris Chibnall's 42, wasn't a good idea.

The episode will now be shown a week later, on Saturday 19 May.

42 sees former EastEnder Michelle Collins making her Doctor Who debut as McConnell, the strong willed captain of a doomed spaceship hurtling out of control towards a boiling sun. With only 42 minutes to uncover the saboteurs, and with a mysterious force starting to possess the ship's crew, the Doctor and Martha are running out of time!

We hope you'll support Scooch in their bid for Eurovision glory, and appreciate that seven days is only a handfull of heartbeats to a Time Lord.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/n.../02/43612.shtml

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposed to be something special on the red button and the website as a compensation for the missing week, have to wait and see what it is.

Good one last night, Marthas sis was nice..............

Yeah I like the sis too...

So Kylie's going to be in Dr Who, probably in the Christmas special playing a Cyberwoman, maybe. That's cool after RTD rubbished the story saying they would never get a big star like her cos she's booked up 2 years ahead and he hadn't even written the Christmas special yet...

• 2 weeks later...

No more wobbly arse? :(Martha going?

Not a big fan of Martha to be honest...wonder who'll be next?

David Tennants going sometime in the 4th series The Sun said as well.

I liked 42 - good old, fashioned sci-fi, but the spaceship falling into the sun's been done to death...

Human Nature I watched twice to get it all and it did grow on me...judging by next weeks trailer he's married with a family, so they're setting him up for a hard leaving...

rather than starting a new thread , i thought id add it to this one .

The USA is even getting BBC programs aired there before we get them here now !!! . the Current (NEW) series of "Hustle" on BBC1 is being shown on the AMC TV channel 2 weeks prior to the BBC showing it !!!

AMC TV

Not only do we lag behind in all the wonderfull technology in the world, we now make TV programs and show them everywhere else first as well .BBC = Bast*rd Bunch of C*nts :whatever:

at this rate the topic title may need to change to "BBC to air new Dr Who on the BBC after the rest of the world has seen it first"

Dont worry Volvo, we are just educating the colonies with our superior culture!! :whistling: (Lights the blue touchpaper and stands well back!!)

@Altercuno, to be fair she's a crap actress but that doesnt stop me wanting to shag her. :D

I was surpised at that volvo. I just did some checking, and it turns out that AMC co-finance it, so maybe they put more money in as long as they could show it first.

A while ago there was a huge fuss over Battlestar Galactica. Sky had co-financed it, and showed it first, three months before it was shown in the US. Being an American show, the US fans weren't happy, and the internet was a bit busy once a week during those three months.

was a bit worried that the BeeB couldnt finance a 6 episode series of a prime time show though ?. its a bit of a concern if thats the way forward , Given the Doctors on/off relationship with the BeeB over recent years i just hope overseas investment is'nt the way forward in there eyes , naturally the TV license will be reduced in cost :whistling:

I wouldnt want to shag your cardboard boxes though.............

:( You may have a point there, any chance of a cardboard box LFC???

• 4 weeks later...

So the masters back and he's regenerated. How the fook did he manage that then?? He's not even in a Timelords body anymore! We see Gallifrey in tonights episode apparently, should be intresting.

Sound of Drums. Christ I hope it gets better. Imperial Probe Droids attack Earth while they watch it from a SHIELD Helicarrier. Or Skybase - whatever.

The Time Lords brought back The Master to fight the Time War. He took one look and scarpered. They also made him look into the time vortex when he was 8 and it sent him bonkers. Is it me or is this bollocks?

Saw them going back using Jacks watch - the tv Jack not our jack...(love the Perri gifs jack :thumbup: )

Don't like the new Master. Not a fan of the actor, not keen on all the gay crap either.

Saw them going back using Jacks watch - the tv Jack not our jack...(love the Perri gifs jack :thumbup: )

It was my watch, the bloody theiving woofter knicked it!!! :angry:

I really liked the episode, a lot of questions were answered but in a very discreet way. We know how the Master got his regenrations back and we know that ordinary Gallifreyans are turned into Timelords after they graduate, that leaves it nicely open for the Dr to keep on regenerating.

To be honest, why would the Master fight for the Timelords? They probably would have executed him before the Time War if they could have caught him so it seems likely he would have buggered off as soon as he got his new cycle of regenrations, I would have!! :rolleyes:

Good story and I cant wait for next Saturday!

Gallifrey_final.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.