US Sci-Fi Channel to air new Doctor Who

digidragon

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was also a Cyberwoman in the Big Finish production, Real Time, which I think was also a BBCi story first? And, I believe on the American release of Curse Of Fatal Death, there was a show sketch included of a sort of cyberized Margaret Thatcher.

As for when the show starts on Sci-Fi, of course, it won't start until the BBC gets its first run broadcast rights worth. So, what, at least 13 weeks?

Well, he is a doctor of medicine amongst other things. In the Moonbase Troughtons Dr states that he studied for his medical degree under Joseph Lister in 1870 in Edinburgh.

Not really, I vaguely remebered something about it because he has to find the cause of a plague that sweeps the base, turns out it was spread by the cybermen who infect the sugar and Polly asks the Dr if the cause maybe something that Lister didnt know about as it was a long time ago when the Dr was studying with him. I had to check the paperback for the dates as i'm not sad enough to remeber the dates from memory!! :rolleyes:

I love Troughtons Dr too, I only remember him from repeats as I'm not that old!! >_<

I'm old enough to have watched the first doctor - whom I wasn't very keen on - he seemed crabby all the time. And Star Trek when it was first shown, Lost in Space (mostly for Judy), Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Land of the Giants, Mission Impossible, Danger Man & The Prisoner, Fireball XL5, UFO, Department S, The Champions, Man in a Suitcase, Adam Adamant, The Rat Catchers, Redcap, The Untouchables, Beverly Hillbillies, Rawhide, The Dick Van Dyke show, Bonanza, The Munsters, The Addams Family, My Favorite Martian, The Man from UNCLE, Get Smart, Bewitched...

So what did you think of gridlock guys?

The Macra, the large and deadly race of crab-like creatures seen in this episode, were first seen in the 1967 Patrick Troughton story 'The Macra Terror'.

I liked it a lot...an original story with lots of content and good acting. Still making my mind up about Martha though. I think they will bring Billie back next season and she's just a stop gap.

I read a story today that the Americans are going to make a big budget version with Hugh Jackman as the Dr and they want Billie in it... :unsure:

Wasnt bad, I kind of like Martha. Good arse on her!!! Fills her jeans well! B)

marthalz9.gif

Nice to see Ian Stuart Black getting a credit for the Macra in the end titles, Davis does have a habit of bringing back old enemies and characters which I like.

And good old Bo told the Dr he's not alone, I wonder who we will meet later in the series.......... :whistling:

Edited by jack

Well the last episodes of the series is a 2 parter called 'The Last of the Timelords'. Now I could be wrong, but my intuition tells me it could be answered there...The last 3 are written by RTD so they should be great. Bringing back the Master, maybe?

Dalek 2 parter next week. Cool - looking forward to that... :thumbup:

It probably is the Master, word is John Simms will play him. That would explain why the Dr cant "feel" any other Time Lords. Remeber in one of his first episodes Eccelstons Dr says he can tell he's on his own because he would feel them in his mind if there were any other Time Lords left. Now the Master has been pinching any old body he can find since he used up all his regenerations, so my guess is the Dr cant feel the Master as his body is no longer that of a Timelord. Personally I would love to see Romana return from E-space, but I cant see it happening. :/

The full episode listing for the new series is on the BBC site:Click Here.

Cant wait for 42 myself, a nod or two to dear old Douglas I hope....

Edited by jack

Just been reading up on what happened to Romanadvoratrelundar. Which one would you like back 1 or 2?

42 Douglas Addams, thats what I thought...the answer is 42...obvious when you think about it...

Wonder what that 2 parter in the middle of the seasons about? - set in a boys boarding school...

Just been reading up on what happened to Romanadvoratrelundar. Which one would you like back 1 or 2?

42 Douglas Addams, thats what I thought...the answer is 42...obvious when you think about it...

Wonder what that 2 parter in the middle of the seasons about? - set in a boys boarding school...

Lalla Ward please :thumbup:

RomanaI2.jpg

"Romanadvoratrelundar? Thats too long. I shall call you Fred!"

Ok lads anyone got the time to give me a quick summary of the Dr Who episodes with the 5 Dr's - was that the one with The Master as well ?

My 5 year old was asking about it yesterday evening when I mentioned The Master and I had to admit I couldn't remember what happened or even the story behind it..... :/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.