DVD Movie VIDEO_TS Burn.

mattstan

Hi,

When burning a DVD movie to disk in 'Write files/folders to disk' mode you can add a folder or more. It seems to me there are several ways to do this.

Lets say on my hard disk I have a DVD movie ready to burn in the following folder:

c:\DVD\Crash\

which has 2 sub dirs:

c:\DVD\Crash\AUDIO_TS (empty)

c:\DVD\Crash\VIDEO_TS

When I add the folder(s) to burn this DVD I can add folders in 3 different ways, either:

1) Add just: c:\DVD\Crash\

2) Add just: c:\DVD\Crash\VIDEO_TS

3) Add both: c:\DVD\Crash\AUDIO_TS and c:\DVD\Crash\VIDEO_TS

Is there any difference at all in what gets burned between these 3 different folder adding possibilities?

In my tests, but outputting to ISO files, they appear to burn exactly the same folders/files.

So am I correct in thinking that if I choose to burn using the 2) option of selecting just the c:\DVD\Crash\VIDEO_TS folder that ImgBurn automatically knows to add an empty AUDIO_TS folder? To put it another way, is it not necessary for me to manually create an empty AUDIO_TS folder on my hard disk because if I am burning a VIDEO_TS folder ImgBurn is smart enough to know to burn an empty AUDIO_TS folder alongside it?

Finally as a new user to ImgBurn who will be primarily using it to burn movie DVDs, are there any pitfalls or option settings that I should be aware of?

Thanks a lot everyone, regards, etc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.