Verified Bug in Volume Label changes in 2.4.0.0

fordman

I've had a PM discussion with LUK and he has verified that there is a bug in changing the UDF label on an image - the symptom is that the ISO9660 label is changed, and the UDF label will be changed in one area of the image (sector 32), but not further in (usually sector 262 or close to that), and this is the location where Windows Vista and tools like ISOBuster pull the UDF volume label from.

The temporary fix is to use 2.3.2.0 for changing volume labels. 2.3.2.0 correctly changed the first instance in this higher sector, and therefore your desired new volume label will be displayed correctly in windows. You can continue using 2.4.0.0 after you change the volume label to burn the image...

I just thought I'd post this warning so others will not continue to experience this undesirable behavior. I have no less then 12 burned DVDs that are negatively affected by this...

fordman

As LUK! said, it will be fixed for the next version. And your 12 burns presumably play well.

Regards

Hi blutach,

Yes, indeed they play fine and are unaffected by this - it's just an aesthetics and usability issue, as I often use the volume label to quicky indentify the DVD without having to play it, and that's the only reason I bother to change it in the first place.

I was not complaining at all by posting this here. I merely wanted to alert others that 2.3.2.0 works OK for changing the volume label in case that matters to them. I only mentioned the number because it took me that long to notice it.

Thanks,

fordman

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.