Error Burning Super Smash Bros. Brawl

killatim

I burned the image to a DVD+R DL and i specified the layer break.

but when it was burning the second disc it stopped at 50%

here's my log:

I 18:53:34 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 18:53:34 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 18:53:34 Total Physical Memory: 2,030,060 KB - Available: 1,337,980 KB

W 18:53:34 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 18:53:34 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:53:34 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:53:34 Found 1 DVD

To make a layer break in the iso: go to TOOLS, SETTINGS, WRITE. On options LAYER BREAK for DL media (top right) select USER SPECIFIED and enter 2084960. Click ok and then burn. (THIS SHOULD WORK FOR THOSE THAT HAVE download THE GAME and want to break the layers OR FOR THOSE THAT WANT TO DO THE 15% SWAP TRICK. It is not necessary to break the layers for USA WII with WIIKEY - DVD9 works fine.)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/618029

I 20:19:39 Average Write Rate: 1,445 KB/s (1.0x) - Maximum Write Rate: 2,149 KB/s (1.6x)

Check the FAQ to see that DMA is enabled.

To make a layer break in the iso: go to TOOLS, SETTINGS, WRITE. On options LAYER BREAK for DL media (top right) select USER SPECIFIED and enter 2084960. Click ok and then burn. (THIS SHOULD WORK FOR THOSE THAT HAVE download THE GAME and want to break the layers OR FOR THOSE THAT WANT TO DO THE 15% SWAP TRICK. It is not necessary to break the layers for USA WII with WIIKEY - DVD9 works fine.)

I 20:19:39 Average Write Rate: 1,445 KB/s (1.0x) - Maximum Write Rate: 2,149 KB/s (1.6x)

I did that but it still stopped at 50% on the second part.

the game still works but i want to have a copy that fully burnt.

I've made the layer break already but it still stopped at 50% on the second part.

do i need to update something? should i try burning at a slower speed? (i used 4x) should i try something different?

the game still works, it's just that i don't want to play a game that's not fully burnt.

Check your burner's manufacturers website to see if there is a firmware update for your drive. Did you look into the DMA issue? You can try at 2.4X and see if there is a difference or I've read that some have actually had better luck with Memorex media...pah

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.