dvd now ony burns at 1.7x

lazybum

Drive used to burn at rated speed but now tops out at about 1.7x.

I have checked the DMA - Uninstalled the IDE/ATA Controller (NOT the Channels!!!) and checked the BIOS. As far as I can tell DMA is enabled.

Have also installed the latest firmware update for the Drive.

Here is the Log

Let me know if you need any other info.

LB

I 20:31:44 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 20:31:44 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 20:31:44 Total Physical Memory: 2,030,060 KB - Available: 1,478,168 KB

W 20:31:44 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 20:31:44 Initialising SPTI...

I 20:31:44 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 20:32:05 Found 1 DVD

Somehow it still isn't using DMA mode. Have you checked for driver updates for your motherboard's chipsets? Is the drive connected as master at the end of a good 80-wire cable?

Please re-check your BIOS settings and try deleting the IDE controllers again. Unfortunately that's the only way to force Windows to really reset back to using (Ultra)DMA mode.

• 3 weeks later...
Somehow it still isn't using DMA mode. Have you checked for driver updates for your motherboard's chipsets? Is the drive connected as master at the end of a good 80-wire cable?

Please re-check your BIOS settings and try deleting the IDE controllers again. Unfortunately that's the only way to force Windows to really reset back to using (Ultra)DMA mode.

Thanks, I deleted the IDE's again and for some reason it worked this time.

Back in business!

Thanks

Thanks, I deleted the IDE's again and for some reason it worked this time.
It's not always the burner that fails in DMA mode, the Hard drive can also fail & revert to PIO.

This is usualy accompanied by high CPU usage & slow performance so it is always advisable to check & reset the DMA mode to ALL DRIVES.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.