optimum power calibration failed

juandan

Hi, I got this error when trying burn a ISO image file, optimum power calibration failed reason no additional sence information

here is the log thanks

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 - Log

; Sunday, 23 March 2008, 12:05:01

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 12:01:21 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 12:01:21 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 12:01:21 Total Physical Memory: 2,030,812 KB - Available: 1,437,996 KB

I 12:01:21 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:01:21 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:01:22 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Is the drive new ?

Did it come with SB03 firmware or have you updated firmware ?

If you updated firmware where did you get the firmware update from ? [edit forget about this bit as samsung odd have that firmware, Rpc1 still show SB02 for L version but SB03 for A version]

Check out the FAQ about DMA issues as well maybe set master on a new 80 wire IDE cable.

You could also untick Perform OPC Before Write in settings under write tab

Is the drive new ?

If you updated firmware where did you get the firmware update from ? [edit forget about this bit as samsung odd have that firmware, Rpc1 still show SB02 for L version but SB03 for A version]

Check out the FAQ about DMA issues as well maybe set master on a new 80 wire IDE cable.

I noticed on destination it had the right name of the dvd-rw drive but not the right letter, its got (E) it should be (D) E is my dvd-rom drive,

Edited by juandan

Is the drive new ?

I noticed on destination it had the right name of the dvd-rw drive but not the right letter, its got (E) it should be (D) E is my dvd-rom drive,

I think the problem started when I was trying open an powerISO file I didn't no what I was doing so I clicked on mount and had the image mount in the f drive I could view all the powerISO files from there, I unmounted it so there's nothing in f drive now, but the dvd-rw still has the letter E and dvd-rom has D does it make any difference what letter it has?

Nope, none at all.

Just so long as you know which is which when looking in Explorer / My Computer.

Have you actually turned off the 'Perform OPC Before Write' option in the settings now as suggest earlier?

I did as you suggested and I just burned the disk successfully thanks for your time and help and top man yourself,

and to all for your help

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.