How to Repair scratch DVD

ayaw

Well, this program won't help you at all. :)

Assuming you've already tried cleaning with rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) and a lint-free cloth like cotton, you might want to try toothpaste mixed with water. Don't use the whole tube - just a small amount on your *clean* finger and plenty of water then lightly rub the scratches out if you can. Toothpaste is like sandpaper so be gentle.

:lol: You really need to be gentle like Shamus said with toothpaste, I wasn't and knackered the disc - still it had lovely fresh breath !

I use a liquid car polish like Mer © ! (Free samples accepted), you wet the disc surface first with water then apply small dots of polish to the disc then polish with a soft cloth. I have read you need to polish from the centre out to the edge in straight lines but I don't always remember to do that and as long as you do a bit at a time you should be fine.

Once done take a clean soft cloth and polish away the dry polish before attempting to read the disc again. This has only failed me in one attempt so far, that disc looked like an ice rink anyway so not surprised !

I agree with lfc, liquid car polish and a soft cloth will work wonders. I approach it like a spit shine and work in very tight, small circles and let it dry to a haze then wipe it off. You might have to repeat a couple times, but the end result is worth it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.