ImgBurn keeps the burned images "open"

Quane

ImgBurn 2.4.0.0

Windows Vista Ultimate SP1

I've tried searching for this on the forums, without luck so here I go:

I've noticed that ImgBurn keeps having the image files "open". When I burn a image file, and want to burn another image I just hit the "browse" button (In source area) in ImgBurn and start to burn the other image. In that case, I can't delete the first image since it's still in use, Windows tells me. If I close ImgBurn I can delete the first image without trouble. So, how come ImgBurn still uses the image files when I'm done burning?

Just right now, im on my 5 image in a row, that means I can't delete the 4 first images without closing ImgBurn.

Of cause I COULD close ImgBurn and start it again chosing the other imagefile, but the other way suites me well in this situation where i'm cleaning out my hdd for images.

Thanks for a great app indeed!

-Quane

Actually, if an app is the one with the file open it can still modify it including deleting it. Aside from a possible close file miss, Windows does tend to keep file handles open itself very often. I have this problem in a few apps. It does it even more when there is an AV installed. Sometimes the AV itself has the file still open and scanning it for some time. It may even appear that the app itself has it open when in fact it is the AV since it is hooked in between.

I stand corrected.

It still shouldn't be keeping them open though!

If I watch it via Process Explorer when it's burning a file, I can clearly see it opening the file at the start and closing it at the end.

I tried it with Verify both enabled and disabled.

I think you'll have to look into the other stuff that weisborg mentioned.

Well, since we ruled out ImgBurn, what AV do you have? I'd start with options for what files it is set to scan too. Perhaps it is set to a default of scanning all files? Might want to see if it supports just scanning possible virus files as most do, that way it will only scan a list of files possible to be infected. This will speed up your PC and the scan process, and hopefully remove those types of files from being grabbed by the AV. I'd check the list of file types and make sure it doesn't include that extension/type too.

Edited by weisborg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, sorry for answering this late... Well I use Kaspersky Antivirus, I'll try to set "Scan programs and documents according to extension" instead of "according to content" and see if this helps out!

It allready has an options saying "don't scan archives larger than 8 MB" and isn't a ".img" file an archive ?

- Quane

• 2 months later...
DT will lock the directory indefinitely until you load another image or navigate outside the dir (in DT) then del.

I've noticed that Winamp also does that. Maybe it's a bug in Common Dialogs or something like that :huh:

There's an option in the GetOpenFileName API function flags to not change the current working directory of the parent process.

I added it to ImgBurn some time ago but apps that don't will need to be closed before the handle to the folder get released.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.