Error creating CUE file from m4a files

fredo

I am getting an error creating a CUE file from a mix of m4a and mp3 files. I assume I need to add a codec that supports the m4a format, though the verbiage on the ImgBurn website seems to hint at native m4a support. Is my assumption correct, and is there a codec you could recommend? Here is the log. Thank you for your assistance,

I 16:18:21 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 16:18:21 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 16:18:21 Total Physical Memory: 2,053,824 KB - Available: 868,244 KB

I 16:18:23 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:18:23 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:18:23 Found 1 DVD

LUK!,

The Orban codec works fine.

One minor glitch was that for some reason IB didn't pick up the tags from the m4a files (it did from the mp3 files), but I entered them manually.

For Vista users, codecs won't register if UAC is on and the codec installer is not a "trusted" installer. I had to register the CoreAAC codec manually, but even so it didn't work.

Thanks again!

• 6 months later...

I've got something very similar, but with an mp3 file instead of an m4a and the message is a bit different. This is weird because I've burned plenty of other mp3 files just fine (including ones downloaded from the same site), but now I'm having trouble.

I 23:30:49 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 23:30:49 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 23:30:49 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,088 KB - Available: 1,371,360 KB

I 23:30:50 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:30:50 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:30:50 Found 1 DVD

Edited by kyle759

I would also like to note that I've tried all the programs mentioned in this thread and none of them have worked. The only reference to anything similar in the FAQ was still not the same thing as I'm experiencing and I searched for "acm not possible" since that seemed to be the most distinct thing in the log and got nothing.

I'm guessing that BRG-90-20.mp3 file is messed up in some way then.

The file plays just fine, though. I also redownloaded it and the same thing happened. I also downloaded another file off of the site and had the same thing happen. But oddly enough, old stuff I downloaded from that same site all works fine.

OK, for some reason this thread - http://forum.imgburn.com/lofiversion/index.php/t6453.html didn't show up when I searched the forum (or on my first google search although my first google search was with a different search term and it brought me here and that was when I searched the forum). But regardless, I found it now and that DC-Bass program seemed to have worked. Thank you. :)

That doesn't really help though because your machine should be able to decode MP3's without that.

I'd still like to checkout the file to figure out what stops the normal DirectShow filters and ACM from working.

I promise I'll delete it again when I'm done looking into the problem.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.