Audio CD verification failure

SilentMusic

I am using ImgBurn v2.4.1.0, Windows XP SP2, a Plextor PX-800A IDE drive, and TDK CD-RW media.

Plextools reports audio read offset = -192 bytes and write offset = +192 bytes (48 stereo samples), Exact Audio Copy reports that C2 error reporting works.

Working scenario:

In the Settings, Verify tab, I checked the box for Ignore CD-DA Data.

I created a CD CUE file based on WAV files, and I checked the Verify box when writing the CD-RW.

The verification passes, and the CD plays fine.

Failure scenario 1:

In the Settings, Verify tab, I UNchecked the box for Ignore CD-DA Data.

I change the mode to Verify, and attempt to verify against the CD CUE image file.

There is a miscompare on every LBA, starting with LBA 13.

Log says: Note: The drive probably offset the audio samples - this is common with CD-DA tracks.

Failure scenario 2:

In the Settings, Verify tab, I UNchecked the box for Ignore CD-DA Data.

I created a CD CUE file based on WAV files, and I checked the Verify box when writing the CD-RW.

There is a miscompare on every LBA, starting with LBA 13.

Log says: Note: The drive probably offset the audio samples - this is common with CD-DA tracks.

I can't find any ImgBurn setting for the drive's audio offset.

Am I doing something wrong for verification to pass, or does ImgBurn not successfully verify CD-DA data with a drive having non-zero audio offset?

Does ImgBurn detect C2 errors during verification when ignoring CD-DA data?

Please note that verification of CD-DA data is the main reason I am trying ImgBurn. Plextools Professional LE is very fast at doing an accurate rip with this drive, but it does not support verification for CD-DA data, otherwise I would be using it for CD burning. If ImgBurn could work for verifying CD-DA data, it would rule!

Please also note that Exact Audio Copy uses http://www.accuraterip.com/ to get audio offset data for a drive. However, I would be happy with a manual entry in ImgBurn since I only need to determine this once for each drive.

There is no offset stuff built into ImgBurn, hence the reason for ignoring CD-DA track content by default.

It doesn't look at C2 values either.

Stick with other tools if you're a hardcore audio enthusiast - at least until I get around to implementing anything offset related (assuming I ever do!).

Thanks for the quick and clear answer. Want to move this topic to the ImgBurn Suggestions forum?

Without CD-DA data verification, the user must listen to the whole CD before knowing that the burn was successful. I suspect that the same people who use the verification feature for data CDs/DVDs would likely use the feature for Audio CDs, not just the hardcore audio enthusiasts. Especially if all the user has to do is look for their drive offset at http://www.accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm.

Since ImgBurn doesn't verify the CD-DA data or read the C2 errors, what does it verify for Audio CDs?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.