Write protected error when burning Traxdata DVD+R

Hallvard

Hi, I'm trying to burn an image on a Traxdata DVD+R 16x 120mins/4.7 GB disc and get the "Write Protected" error as shown in the log below. I read in the forum that many people trying to burn dual layer discs get the same error, and that you recommend to buy better quality discs. Does the same apply to my single layer discs? Are all my 25 discs crap?

I 11:57:41 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 11:57:41 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 11:57:41 Total Physical Memory: 1,046,572 KB - Available: 651,536 KB

I 11:57:41 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:57:41 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:57:41 Found 1 DVD

I 12:09:43 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: RITEK-F16-01) (Speeds: 2.4x)

Yes, you got it. Get some good media - Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden.

Also, check your cabling and DMA.

Regards

DMA settings are ok

That does not mean check in Windows to see if it says udma mode , it means follow the advice in FAQ about DMA issues.

Although your burn never even got started so Above for future reference and no harm to try and remove controller for windows to pick it back up.

The store only had Sony discs, so I went for that and it worked. Below is the successful write log. My laptop plays the dvd fine but my (very old) Kiss 1302 DVD-player does not like the disc and wont play it. Do you think my player dont support DVD+R at all, or is it possible to burn a more standard/old format DVD that is more likely to play in old DVD-players?

Regards

I 11:17:04 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 11:17:04 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 11:17:04 Total Physical Memory: 1,046,572 KB - Available: 600,276 KB

I 11:17:04 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:17:04 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:17:04 Found 1 DVD

You could try the booktype tools, maybe one of them will work with your drive? (They make DVD+R look like DVD-ROM)

If you find one that does, you can tell ImgBurn to do it automatically by adding the drive id (SONY DVD RW DW-Q78A) to the appropriate list in the 'Advanced' section.

Ok, getting close now. My Sony appears to be a lite-on drive. Setting the booktype worked! Burning the DVD+R as DVD-ROM worked, and it plays in my old DVD-player! But, video title two plays jerky :( (On my laptop it plays ok)

I will try to burn again, and if it fails I will go for Verbatim DVD-R.

Your support-fu is impressive!

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.