.cue file successful at 16x w/sony cd but not 40x.

dr_ml422

Hi fellas. Gotta say I was very happy when I now tried the .cue file burning for cds w/Imgburn. It went well at 16 x w/sony cds. At 40 it failed. No problem as I just wanted to try it at 40x. Main thing is that it worked w/my pioneer 112d at 16x w/the .cue file. Here's a log. If anything, can you guys suggest better cd blanks than sony or one's that are more compatible also. Thnx.

//****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 - Log

; Wednesday, 23 April 2008, 00:37:27

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 23:22:21 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 23:22:21 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 23:22:21 Total Physical Memory: 2,086,988 KB - Available: 1,737,716 KB

I 23:22:21 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:22:21 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:22:21 Found 2 DVD

Edited by dr_ml422

Hi Donta. 16x is plenty and just right. Just burned it at 40x to see what my 112d would do w/this media in the new .cue format. Thnx for recommending the TY CDrs. I now know why they've been recommending quality dvd and cd media to burn with believe me. :)

Yes I did. Just finished now editing one I left in. Wasn't too worried about it but you never know. Btw that avatar is off the hook. Every time I come on here my neck breaks in that direction distracting me from the post. Lol. I haven't read all the FAQ'S or all the rules, but I'm guessing one needs some more time before loading an avatar correct? I Stood a while last night trying to figure out how to load one from my pc.

some of the pioneer 112's have a known issue with burning and reading back cds

Yeh I knew that when I got it and posted about that here. I thought it was the Sony Cds which aren't that bad, but now it seems you might be suggesting it's across the board w/even the top rated media like TY's? None of my other burners have had any problems whatsoever, and they include 2 sammys and the oem lg that came w/my dell. Oh well, at least it's doing a fine job w/dvds. I'm still a lil irked about the cd issue, but hey, nothing's perfect. They should straighten this out though in future models, or just sell the darn thing as a straight up Dvd burner.

I haven't read all the FAQ'S or all the rules, but I'm guessing one needs some more time before loading an avatar correct? I Stood a while last night trying to figure out how to load one from my pc.

You have to upload the picture to a server like ImageShack and then, in My Controls (top of the page) -> Edit Avatar Settings, paste the direct link in the 'Enter URL to an online avatar image' field and click Update Avatar, that should work :)

when was your pioneer 112 made if after march 2007 should be fine.

[edit i've searched to make sure I was right with date of march 2007 and cannot find any info so I cannot back that up at minute]

Hi Donta. This was the 2nd one I sent back. They gave me a new 1 on account of the recall they had for those bad 1's they came out with but same issue still stands. Mind you I also had a 115d I had to send back also. It's they're problem. I've covered all the bases w/upgrading firmware and even setting to master etc.. and same issue w/cds. What the heck I'll just burn it into the ground w/dvds like I've been doing for a couple of days now.

@Mmalves. Thnx for that tip. I probably would of hit the FAQ'S or something else to figure this out but believe me you saved me time and a possible lil headache. I'll get to it soon. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.