Can't edit cue file?

agentbad

I don't get it why have the option to save the cue file if you can't add stuff to it later? The mixes I make evolve a lot before I finish adding more songs and sound clips for fun. It is a pain to add everything all over again each time I have it in just the right order. Not only that but all the song are all in one folder so it's not just a quick add and be done with it.

Edited by agentbad

It's all good I can understand if you don't wanna make software bloated like a lot of others out there but to be really useful it would help making cue files editable under the same GUI. I have ended up going back to a bare bones version of nero 7 that has all the plugin support preinstalled ie. FLAC, OGG, APE, LAME etc. Then using a plugin in winamp to just right click and drap the files directly into nero from my playlist.

cheers,

agent

• 3 months later...

Google led me to this, so I figured it's worth a bump.

Honestly, I'm logically led to believe I should be able to open, or otherwise import, an existing CUE file (created by ImgBurn, for example), to do further manipulation to it. I rarely want to make the same disc twice, but I may want to make a similar disc based on a previous one. For example, last night I burned someone an audio CD with ImgBurn, but today someone else wants the same disc, plus one extra song. I'm just glad I copied all the music on the disc into a single folder, so drag-n-drop is easy, but imagine if I hand-selected songs out of a large music library?

LUK, is it very hard to add "open" functionality to the existing "create" system, or is that something reasonably requested? As a PHP web designer myself, I can understand the pain if it wasn't designed with that function in mind, so I can understand if it won't be added. But I would like to put in my vote for a future feature ;)

• 6 months later...
Google led me to this, so I figured it's worth a bump.

Honestly, I'm logically led to believe I should be able to open, or otherwise import, an existing CUE file (created by ImgBurn, for example), to do further manipulation to it. I rarely want to make the same disc twice, but I may want to make a similar disc based on a previous one. For example, last night I burned someone an audio CD with ImgBurn, but today someone else wants the same disc, plus one extra song. I'm just glad I copied all the music on the disc into a single folder, so drag-n-drop is easy, but imagine if I hand-selected songs out of a large music library?

LUK, is it very hard to add "open" functionality to the existing "create" system, or is that something reasonably requested? As a PHP web designer myself, I can understand the pain if it wasn't designed with that function in mind, so I can understand if it won't be added. But I would like to put in my vote for a future feature ;)

Exactly, you get my point how much easier it would be to be able to save a cue sheet and be able to edit it later. Imgburn is great don't get me wrong and if you could edit cue sheets I wouldn't have to keep crawling back to nero.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.