Option to Disable the 'Shutdown Computer' checkbox

_Greg_

Can you please add the ability to disable the "Shutdown Computer" checkbox, or at least add "None" as a shutdown action?

I have a bad tendency to not notice where I'm clicking sometimes, and it's a nightmare when I accidentally hit that checkbox right before heading out the door and don't realize it until later.

Thank you.

- Greg -

blutach: Thanks for responding, but the existing options you referred to do not do what I am asking about.

Under the "Tools --> Settings --> General" tab there is only the ability to enable/disable the 'Shutdown' window when a shutdown event is triggered and to change the shutdown action.

The option under the "Tools --> Settings --> Read/Write/Verify" tabs only sets the default selection of the Shutdown checkbox during a verify operation. It does not disallow clicking on the checkbox

I am looking for the ability to do one of the following so that I can't click on the shutdown checkbox by accident:

- Block the shutdown checkbox from appearing completely during a read/write/verify operation (as is possible in Nero)

- Gray out the shutdown checkbox for make it impossible to accidentally click on it during a read/write/verify operation

- Change the shutdown action to "None" or "Close ImgBurn" or something else that won't have an impact on the rest of the system.

Thanks again. :)

Greg

I hear you Greg and I know it could be upsetting if you accidently click on close shutdown. But the program can only respond to your input. It knows not whether you did it by accident or on purpose.

I must say that in doing lot of burns, I have never had this happen. And it's not a bad thing anyway in terms of data destruction.

But perhaps the boss will add a "never" shutdown computer option somewhere to prevent accidental clicks.

EDIT: Seems by the above answer, that he may not either! :D

Regards

I would certainly appreciate it, thanks.

I know, I could probably just try to be more careful where I click, but when in a rush that isn't always possible. I can't be the only person this happens to though since Nero has supported hiding/disabling the shutdown checkbox for at least a few major versions now.

Thanks for all the prompt replies.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.