Problems creating ISO of double-layer multi-angle DVD

badwolf

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have read the guides, but am still experiencing problems with the creation of an ISO of a double layer DVD.

The file I'm trying to create is a DVD I have authored in DVD lab. The DVD contains one video which has three angles, and three audio tracks. The video is about 2hrs 12mins long, but I am having extreme difficulty in creating an ISO that I will be able to burn to Verbatim DVD+R DL.

When I load the folder into ImgBurn, I got the "end of the world message", so loaded the files into VobBlanker to create a break to place the layer break. When I do this, I get a message saying that the multi-angle file isn't actionable, and the action is set to "Skip" instead of "Process".

I've tried changing the action to "Process", and placing a cell break in the area specified by ImgBurn, but when I load the new files into ImgBurn, I get the same message as though the action I just specified didn't work at all.

Can someone please offer some advice as to how I can get this to work? From being miles away from the solution, I feel I am so close now, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

No, there is a small Ident at the beginning of the DVD in a separate VTS, but that is only 8mb in size. So are you saying I'm attempting the impossible?

Surely there must be a way to split the file across the layers?

Wait for blutach to chime in, this really isn't my area.

All I know is that ImgBurn won't display anything but the first angle's cell in the LB list and it doesn't display any marked as 'interleaved'.

Until someone with a better understanding of these things tells me how to improve upon that (whilst still keeping to what's legal in the dvd video specs), ImgBurn can't really help you create a nice LB point.

I'm happy to tweak ImgBurn based on the findings of this thread so that it's easier the next time you or someone else does a similar thing.

You should try to split the cell in your original DVDLab project, as you really cannot split a multi-angle cell with VobBlanker. (If you force it, you will probably get a non standard-compliant DVD!)

It is not easy to guess where you should set the layer break point, but it you set it around the middle of the DVD and if the DVD size is not too close to the total size of the DVD+R DL media, it should work. It it's not the case, you can try to shrink the DVD a bit with DVDShrink.

Also, swapping the titlesets with PgcEdit might help, although if your DVD has only two titlesets and the first one is very short (as you said above) I doubt it's sufficient. Anyway, you can try. Use DVD -> Remap Titlesets. (This function has no effect on the navigation.)

Yes, swap the titlesets around (if that helps at all) would be my recommendation. But do not break on an ILVU - it would be awful. Do you really need all the audio tracks? Deleting the unnecessary ones would possibly help.

Other than that, as r0lZ said, split the cells before the muxing. You'll need to split the cell suggested by ImgBurn into 2 in all 3 angles.

Regards

Both! You can define a split point in the authoring program (but I don't know DVDLab sufficiently to help you) but it will be set to the nearest I-frame. If you want to place it at a precise frame, you have to specify it also to the MPEG encoder.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.