Simultaneous burn / 'share selected images amongst drives'

Tom S

I want to be able to burn the same image to more than one drive at a time, reducing the amount of time needed to burn 'X' disks. Is there a way to do this?

AFAICT the only way is to run multiple instances of ImgBurn, which I have done more or less successfully but at least on the relatively slow system I've tried it on resulted in read errors (on the image file) which I could click Retry to continue to success.

There's a 'share selected images amongst drives' option on the Write Queue dialog which seems to be available only when more than one image file is enqueued but it still only one drive burns at a time (I might have up to 3 with my current configuration). Or maybe I don't understand how to use this.

The other way is to load up drives with blank disks and enqueue the same image file more than once, assigning one image per drive. Then at least I can burn up to 3 disks without needing to intervene. But they burn sequentially, rather than simultaneously.

Thanks

Tom

Can't be done I'm afraid so you'll have to run multiple instances of the program.

The share images among drives is for when you have 3,4,5,6 etc. images in your queue and you aren't picky about which drive burns what...it will burn from the first drive and when it's done start on the second and so on and so forth. The option may be available if you set your number of copies first...haven't tried it personally.

An alternative would be to purchase/build* a multi-drive dupe tower, if your main goal is to burn to more than one drive at once. Three ways to work that would be:

..Burn initial disc in ImgBurn, take out, then insert in "master" drive of tower,

....or (if you have a dupe tower that connects to PC via Firewire or USB--allowing all drives to be seen simultaneously by the OS),

..Use a different program (something similar to Prassi/RecordNow) and burn to all drives at once,

....or (if you have a "carousel" duplicator that your PC connects to via a LAN),

..Use the software that comes with that equipment to send your iso (I don't think you can send anything else) over the network (or use the "batch" mode of the device, which allows you to dupe multiple physical masters at one time)

Yeah, more money, but probably less problems if you are able to achieve what you want to get accomplished.

:)

* - would probably be much easier to purchase, rather than build, depending on your level of drive/IO/bus/electrical knowledge.

Edited by doxola

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.