Write Lead in Error

djstatic

Hi all, just looking for some suggestions on my problem..

rightyo, i go to burn iso's to disk , and it gets to the write lead in ... and thats as far as it gets, havent had this problem before, i am running vista on a asus laptop, GSA-T10N dvd drive, recently put dvd shrink on my laptop to shrink some iso's , and i think thats when the problem started, so i have uninstalled it, and still got the problems , so i did some searchin and removed the high and low filters, reinstalled nero and img burn, same problem, looked for an update on firmware, but there is only the orginal one.. the other ones if u reflash end up having more problems, so i uninstalled that and reinstalled.. same problem.. and ideas, have tried multible types of disks, Kodak , sony.

Any ideas, tried everything i could think...

cheers, jason

NB: IMGburn Log

I 19:13:55 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 19:13:55 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 19:13:55 Total Physical Memory: 1,047,068 KB - Available: 317,576 KB

I 19:13:55 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:13:55 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:13:55 Found 1 DVD

Once you've tried Verbatim / Taiyo Yuden media and are still getting the same error with those, try a cleaning disc in the drive.

If it still doesn't work even after that, consider having it replaced as there appears to be something wrong with it.

I tried the verbatium, still didnt work, tried burning a cd and that worked fine... so its only writiting to dvds it wont work..? just perform a clean install of vista and still dont work? any other ideas.. at this point lookin for a new drive..?

I'm COMPLETELY new to 'this stuff' and am having this same problem.

I tried using DVD Decrypter a week ago and was able to write a file to my hard drive and then tried copying the ISO file to a blank dvd-r. It read 100% Buffering and then stops as soon as it reads "Writing Lead In".

So, I thought I would try this week with another program and I picked this ImgBurn. I am having the EXACT same problem. The only difference is this time it picked a MDS file for me automatically when I picked an ISO file to write. Otherwise it's the same problem.

Any ideas?

yeah its the lazer in the drive.. its weak.. u guna need a new drive.. just get an external .. i did off. ebay works fine now.. the drive in my notebook is stuffed.. sounds like u got the same thing.. the lazer is weak to write to a dvd but ok for cd..

I'm COMPLETELY new to 'this stuff' and am having this same problem.

I tried using DVD Decrypter a week ago and was able to write a file to my hard drive and then tried copying the ISO file to a blank dvd-r. It read 100% Buffering and then stops as soon as it reads "Writing Lead In".

So, I thought I would try this week with another program and I picked this ImgBurn. I am having the EXACT same problem. The only difference is this time it picked a MDS file for me automatically when I picked an ISO file to write. Otherwise it's the same problem.

Any ideas?

Klou;

Hi and welcome to the forum.

A couple things...

1. Please do not hi-jack someone elses post, start your own thread and we'll get to it just as quickly as we get to any others.

2. What DVDD did or did not do is of no value to us here. We do not/will not support or discuss that or any other ripper.

3. ImgBurn will auto-pick the MDS, that's one of its' beauties.

4. Post a copy of the logfile and a copy of the info that you get in the right hand window when you put a disc into the drive and ImgBurn initializes it...then we can get started with your problem(s)... :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.