Problem with ImgBurn and Wine

xenon

I had posted this as a reply to another thread, but it seemed to be slipping under the radar, so I created a new thread.

I am another ImgBurn user on Linux. All was fine until I replaced some hardware and reinstalled everything from scratch. Now I can't get ImgBurn to detect my dvd burner. My device is /dev/sr0, like it was before, and I got no fixed mount point for it (again, like before, and HAL + KDE handle automounting). While I am sure it all worked before, I wonder how Wine (and ImgBurn) could deal with a dynamic mount point and drive letter assigning, and I tried doing it the static way. Obviously I tried disabling the CD-Rom class option and all the other tips I found around the Web. Unfortunately I cannot use my old Wine configuration since I deleted the .wine directory in a fit of rage about the application crashing my whole computer every time it was used (it was about OpenGL, by the way).

Anyway, back to ImgBurn. As of now I do not understand how to configure winecfg: let's forget automount and dynamic mount points for a moment. If I assign a drive letter to the physical device (/dev/sr0), it doesn't work at all. If I assign it to a static mount point, manually mount a DVD there, and launch ImgBurn device detection, it gets detected, but as soon as I umount it and restart ImgBrun, detection fails. Certainly it can't work this way, since to burn a disc you do not need to mount it (better, you must not mount it). On the other hand, it makes little sense to associate a drive letter to a mount point, since such mount point is irrelevant when the disc is not mounted. I must be missing something, since it works for everyone else, but I can't figure it out. Help and suggestions very welcome. smile.gif Thanks.

I will try posting in my distro's boards. May I just ask you if your Wine configuration associates a drive letter to the mount point of your DVD burner rather than the phyisical device? Thanks again.

You can see the 'wine configuration' screenshot in that guide.

Clicking 'Autodetect' always just worked for me.

There is an issue with wine forgetting drives if you eject / load a disc though (It sometimes vanishes from the config screen). I never bothered to get to the bottom of it.

Someone that actually uses linux / wine should report it to winehq as a bug and get them to fix it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.