unable to lock volume

sparks

When burning iso to dvd i read the following:

I 10:23:16 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 10:23:16 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 10:23:16 Total Physical Memory: 3.142.740 KB - Available: 2.027.996 KB

I 10:23:16 Initialising SPTI...

I 10:23:16 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 10:23:16 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

It's telling you that another program has a hold on that drive. Shut it down.

W 10:35:16 DeviceIoControl(FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME) Failed! - Reason: Toegang geweigerd

There is no other program running !!!!

• 1 month later...

well I am at th esame point -no other app is running -at least accroding to process explorer, and funnier

I get the error about another app, I use Processexplorer and check handles -nothing but often a bsod with non_page_fault error

But o wonder

I don't check, just press continue and all works.So whats going on here. Staretd having this problem with 242, no such problem with 2.4.1

Any way to turn that exclusive thing off?

Ruben

To turn that off go to Tools -> Settings -> Write tab and untick 'Lock Volume - Exclusive Access', but be aware that any program can potentially interrupt the burn and give you a nice coaster when that option is off :)

By the way, BSODs may happen when drivers aren't playing nice with each other so you might want to check if you're using the latest storage drivers for your motherboard :thumbup:

• 4 months later...
To turn that off go to Tools -> Settings -> Write tab and untick 'Lock Volume - Exclusive Access', but be aware that any program can potentially interrupt the burn and give you a nice coaster when that option is off :)

By the way, BSODs may happen when drivers aren't playing nice with each other so you might want to check if you're using the latest storage drivers for your motherboard :thumbup:

A virtual drive program such as "Alcohol" can cause this problem.

• 3 months later...

A virtual drive program such as "Alcohol" can cause this problem.

The Vista sidebar causes the problem. After closing de sidebar there was no error message.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.