'L0 Data Zone Miscompare' Verbatim DL

marcusmd

When i'm attempting to burn a DL dvd on my burner, i get a pop-up window that gives me a 'check condition'. I'm including a screenshot of that below. I repeatedly hit the 'retry' button for about... 30 seconds. It appears that i just need to hit it every 5 seconds or so, as though the program's waiting on the hardware to be ready. the drive spins & what not, i hear some clicking, chirps, spin up, spin down, and then the next time i hit 'retry', it continues. I can successfully burn a disc, but i get this pop-up window twice with each burn. It appears to be related to the 'L0 Data Zone Miscompare' warning that is in my log.

I reviewed the other posts, but haven't found anything quite like mine. I'm fortunate enough not to have an error that prevents the program from working, but... I'd like to know how to fix it before it becomes a big problem.

I appreciate anyone's help. thanks in advance.

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 - Log

; Tuesday, 15 July 2008, 17:15:20

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 16:28:27 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 16:28:27 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 16:28:27 Total Physical Memory: 716,272 KB - Available: 525,512 KB

I 16:28:27 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:28:27 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:28:27 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

post-13127-1216250362_thumb.png

When you next burn a disc, don't click Retry and instead just get a screenshot of the first error box that pops up.

It looks like your drive is resetting itself and that's why it enters the 'not ready' status.

That is obviously not something it should be doing.

When you next burn a disc, don't click Retry and instead just get a screenshot of the first error box that pops up.

It looks like your drive is resetting itself and that's why it enters the 'not ready' status.

That is obviously not something it should be doing.

I actually grabbed a screenshot when the 1st popup showed up, and when the 2nd one showed up. here they are:

post-13127-1216308176_thumb.png

and the 2nd one:

post-13127-1216308183_thumb.png

thanks for your time & help.

Marcus

Ah ok, I was hoping for a different error first but I guess it's being lost.

Do I take it that this problem occurs all the time when you try to burn DL media?

Are you able to test DL buring with this drive in another machine?

It could be a driver that's making it time out and reset.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.