which discs to use

mcspider

tells me you can scan with your drive :)

not a good scan though

compare it to this

now I can have a pif total 1/3 of yours and a lower pif max and get a lower QS???

now i am starting to get a clue to the weighting of the formula

Edited by chewy

I'm getting fairly consistent scans with RITEK G05's and TYG03's. I'm using a Lite-On SOHW 1653S (CSOT) (crossflashed from a 1633S). My drive doesn't scan jitter, but I seem to almost always get only one (on rare occasion two) PIF that is high (about 160) at almost the same point in the graph,right after the 1.5GB mark.

The rest of the graph shows a small group of PIF's at about 5, and most of the rest under 2. My burn graphs at 4X show speeds almost as straight as an arrow. But why the one spike, which results in an overall quality rating of about 70-80%? :unsure:

Edited by crockettmann

I'm getting fairly consistent scans with RITEK G05's and TYG03's. I'm using a Lite-On SOHW 1653S (CSOT) (crossflashed from a 1633S). My drive doesn't scan jitter, but I seem to almost always get only one (on rare occasion two) PIF that is high (about 160) at almost the same point in the graph,right after the 1.5GB mark.

The rest of the graph shows a small group of PIF's at about 5, and most of the rest under 2. My burn graphs at 4X show speeds almost as straight as an arrow. But why the one spike, which results in an overall quality rating of about 70-80%? :unsure:

post a scan of the TYG03 and the speed burned at

I don't believe I have those priviledges yet, chewy. I tried attaching a graph and it says "Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload a file with that extension." I clicked on "add this attachment", etc. Am I going about it the wrong way? :ermm:

I think this will work as a quick fix.:blush: I guess I should have remembered that the snapshot tool was there for something, huh?

post-2419-1138547302_thumb.jpg

post-2419-1138547625_thumb.jpg

post-2419-1138547835_thumb.jpg

Can't find the .ibg for the second one, but they have all looked the same recently since I got my DMA working correctly again :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.