Song in dead area in between tracks

weisborg

Some CDs I've had in the past had hidden songs in the space in between tracks that is normally the 2sec delay, etc. Is this possible in ImgBurn? And, if so, what does the file look like to set this up?

That would be in the pregap of a track (index 0) - players always start from index 1.

You wouldn't generally make your own compilation like that, it seems a bit pointless!

If you have an original disc with a track in the pregap (and that's normally only before Track 1) then it'll be captured just fine using Read mode.

Within the CUE file, where you'd normally see something like:

FILE "normal track.wav" WAVE

TRACK 01 AUDIO

INDEX 01 00:00:00

You'd then have something like:

FILE "hidden track.wav" WAVE

TRACK 01 AUDIO

INDEX 00 00:00:00

FILE "normal track.wav" WAVE

INDEX 01 03:32:00

So the 'hidden' bit of audio lasts 3 mins 32 seconds or whatever.

Please note that the syntax there might be wrong!

Ok. I'll play with that for a little and see what I can come up with. I've only had a couple CDs that ever used it. Made it hard to get to the "Easter Egg". You then had to listen to the previous song and wait for the PreGap to hear the song. You couldn't get to the song by using track skip buttons, etc. Could even be a mild way to protect from copying/ripping the song to MP3 I guess too since they would have to extract it by analog recording with it not being a track. That would be really weird to have a CD wrote backwards with all songs in the PreGap. If I recall there was a length limit to being able to hide them there too...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.