MP3 Editor

Snazz

OK, I have started another thread for this, as it might get better attention. I am looking for a free MP3 editor, like the ones you get to edit chucks of sounds out of wavs. I have found a few things that will do what I need, but they are limited until you pay for them. Seeing as I only intend to use it for a day or so, paying for it would be daft. Easy Audio edit 7.3 looked and edited brilliantly, but can't save my edits 'cos it wants a serial. Boo hoo. Any ideas please.

Check this out snazz, just something I ran up on while searching for what you already have.

Let me know..

Mirror 1:http://www.tongsoft.com/audiorec.exe

* removed *

Description:3D MP3 Sound Recorder (Audio Playback Recorder ) is a sound recorder software. with 3D interface that allows you to create digital files from any audio that can be played through your computer?s sound card, regardless of the audio source. This allows recording from external microphones, the line-in jack, the computer CD drive, Internet radio stations, movies, games, etc. These files may be saved in WAV or MP3 format, as desired.

Files are created ?on-the-fly?, in real time and no temporary files are created. The files are easily played back on common applications such as RealPlayer, WinAmp, Media Player, etc. without problem. The program also includes its own WAV/MP3 player for immediate validation of recorded files.

Nero. LOL, never thought about it. But im editing a few mp3s not wavs, ill look later.

More than likely yes, but then how can you edit the mp3 without it being encoded again by any app.

You would think that if the inaudible parts have already been ditched that any subsequent passes would not find anything to ditch, therefore keeping the same bitrate would result in the same file size, same quality etc. but it does not follow that way, so yeah it will be slightly worse than the original mp3 b4 anyone edits it, unless in the first instance the mp3 was encoded at a very high bitrate say 320kbps, as then the noise from the quantization will not be so bad and the resulting re-encoding maybe better than it would have been if the original mp3 was only 96-160kbps. [EDIT] which would sound quite bad after re-encoding again, as opposed to re encoding a 320 kbps mp3 which still would not sound to bad after re-encoding...

Edited by dontasciime

OK, painc over. Nero wav edit will do what I need. It's only to chop stuff up for ring tones on my mobile, so a slight quality loss won't be noticed at all. Cheers dudes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.