Creaing an ISO from I00 and MDS files

xtreme 2

Hey. Downloaded this program to convert my ripped DVD into an ISO format so that I can burn it to a DVD for my girlfriend's stepdad.

Ripped it using DVD Shrink, and while I have used it a lot, somehow it didn't get made into an ISO directly so I now have 5 .I0 files (.I00, .I01, .I02, .I03, .I04) and a .MDS file. On the website it says this program can be used to compress them into a .ISO file so I can burn to a DVD. However, cannot find any tutorials on how to do this, and can't figure it out on my own.

Any help? Search didn't seem to turn up anything.

Hi and welcome to the forum, xtreme 2! :)

Your hard disk is not formatted to allow files bigger than 4GB. The .iso file has then been splitted into several small files. Just select the .mds file when you want to burn the DVD. ImgBurn will then 'join them together' during the burn.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi and welcome to the forum, xtreme 2! :)

Your hard disk is not formatted to allow files bigger than 4GB. The .iso file has then been splitted into several small files. Just select the .mds file when you want to burn the DVD. ImgBurn will then 'join them together' during the burn.

Is it possible to set auto creation of cue file when it separate the mdf image files? coz i want to past the image to my fren whose pc cannot install imgburn coz he is not using the admin acc.

It doesn't make a CUE file for DVD images, it makes an MDS file.

The file will be created automatically if the image is split into smaller parts (I00, I01 etc).

thanks, lightning for reply, but the version 2.3.0.0 got create it perfectly. :unsure:

I really have no idea what you're talking about yangxi, sorry.

It's never made a CUE file for a split DVD image - why would it when CUE is part of the BIN & CUE format and that's only for CD's?!

If you turn on file splitting in the settings and read a dvd you will end up with an MDS file and the split ISO - where the files are named I00, I01, I02 etc.

Maybe if you try and explain exactly what you've got and exactly what you're expecting it'll help me understand the point you're trying to make.

I really have no idea what you're talking about yangxi, sorry.

It's never made a CUE file for a split DVD image - why would it when CUE is part of the BIN & CUE format and that's only for CD's?!

If you turn on file splitting in the settings and read a dvd you will end up with an MDS file and the split ISO - where the files are named I00, I01, I02 etc.

Maybe if you try and explain exactly what you've got and exactly what you're expecting it'll help me understand the point you're trying to make.

sorry confussing u, lightning, is there any possible way for me to make a disc image by imgburn which can be later on burned out by nero at my fren pc?

thanks for ur time and effort helping me. i love imgburn very much. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.