Finalise Disc Failed! - Reason: No Additional Sense Information

SUPERCOOLMAN

I love ImgBurn, it's the best burning software I've ever get my hands on.

However, I am experiencing some difficulties with my burner.

I'm using Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7200S @ firmware 1.06 level with Sony DVD+R 16X to burn the same ISO 3 times.

All failed with the same problem.

When I use BwgBurn to burn that ISO with same burner and blank DVDs, all succeed without problem.

Can someone help me please? >_<

here are the logs:

I 11:58:22 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 11:58:22 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 11:58:22 Total Physical Memory: 3,144,172 KB - Available: 2,605,708 KB

W 11:58:22 Drive B:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 11:58:22 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 11:58:22 Drive F:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 11:58:22 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:58:22 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:58:22 Found 1 CD-RW, 7 DVD-ROMs and 2 DVD

I very much doubt that BwgBurn picks up on the same errors that ImgBurn does, the 'Program Memory Update Failure' thread at the top of this forum kinda shows that.

If the drive has problems then 99.9% of the time it comes down to the drive / firmware / media combo.

Getting the 'No Additional Sense Information' error could also be a driver issue. How exactly is that drive connected in your PC? By that I mean which controller is it attached to? What's the model number, which driver/bios version is installed?

I very much doubt that BwgBurn picks up on the same errors that ImgBurn does, the 'Program Memory Update Failure' thread at the top of this forum kinda shows that.

If the drive has problems then 99.9% of the time it comes down to the drive / firmware / media combo.

Getting the 'No Additional Sense Information' error could also be a driver issue. How exactly is that drive connected in your PC? By that I mean which controller is it attached to? What's the model number, which driver/bios version is installed?

BwgBurn wasn't on the testing list, so it's hard to say whether it's not picking it up.

That's why I'm wondering XD

All drivers/BIOS /firmware are latest and non-beta

MB:

asus striker II Extreme NVidia 790 Ultra SLI with BIOS version 1109

MB Chipset Driver (2008.09.12): nForce Driver 15.23 WINXP 32bit WHQL

SATA Driver (2008.03.17): JMicron JMB36X RAID Driver V1.17.25.2 Windows XP(WHQL)

HDD that contains the ISO is at internal SATA2 port# 1

AD-7200S is installed at internal SATA2 port# 2

Edited by SUPERCOOLMAN

So it's on the nvidia chipset then?

Seems these latest nvidia drivers are as buggy as ever then... you're not the first person to provide logs where the real error codes from the drives are getting lost / messed with.

btw you can get updated jmicron drivers from here: ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/jmb36x/Win2k_xp_Vista/

I'd almost be tempted to update the drivers for the jmicron and then move the burner over to it.

I assume that bios is current? No doubt it'll update the jmicron bios aswell so it's a good idea to keep it up-to-date.

Another option would be to get a silicon image 3112, 3512 or 3114 PCI card with base bios and put the drive on that. (That's what I've done)

So it's on the nvidia chipset then?

Seems these latest nvidia drivers are as buggy as ever then... you're not the first person to provide logs where the real error codes from the drives are getting lost / messed with.

btw you can get updated jmicron drivers from here: ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/jmb36x/Win2k_xp_Vista/

I'd almost be tempted to update the drivers for the jmicron and then move the burner over to it.

I assume that bios is current? No doubt it'll update the jmicron bios aswell so it's a good idea to keep it up-to-date.

Another option would be to get a silicon image 3112, 3512 or 3114 PCI card with base bios and put the drive on that. (That's what I've done)

Thanks for the tips, I'll try that

I updated with [JMicron JMB36X Driver R1.17.39 WHQL (2008.08.01)] from that ftp and still have same problem :/

driver ReleaseNote says it fixed burning failure on this driver ....

R1.17.39WHQL (08/01/08')

- Burning disc failed.

- The hotplug of two SATA ODD has problem.

- Removable icon doesn't show for HDD.

- IDE disks are wrongly set as removable.

I 23:55:47 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 23:55:47 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 23:55:47 Total Physical Memory: 3,144,172 KB - Available: 1,512,508 KB

W 23:55:47 Drive B:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 23:55:47 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 23:55:47 Drive F:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 23:55:47 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:55:47 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:55:48 Found 1 CD-RW, 7 DVD-ROMs and 2 DVD

Edited by SUPERCOOLMAN

You have to update the motherboard bios to update the jmicron controller bios.

To move the drive to the jmicron controller you need to physically open the case and move the cable so it's on the port that goes with the jmicron controller and not the nvidia one (refer to your motherboard manual).

btw, do you really have the 1109 bios for your board? The ASUS site only goes up to 1104 and that came out on the 24th Sept 2008.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket...xtreme/1104.zip

You have to update the motherboard bios to update the jmicron controller bios.

To move the drive to the jmicron controller you need to physically open the case and move the cable so it's on the port that goes with the jmicron controller and not the nvidia one (refer to your motherboard manual).

btw, do you really have the 1109 bios for your board? The ASUS site only goes up to 1104 and that came out on the 24th Sept 2008.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket...xtreme/1104.zip

sorry, 1109 was my typo.I have 1104 BIOS.

I opened case and didn't find any connector for BIOS or Controller.

I searched on web and found nothing about updating or flashing JMicron Controller BIOS.

I'm currently out of idea

Hmm, sorry I though that with a motherboard like that you'd actually know your way around the inside of a PC... I guess you don't.

Find your optical drive in the case and then follow the SATA cable from it back to the motherboard.

There will only be 2 cables, one for power that goes to the power supply and another for data (the sata cable) that goes to the motherboard.

Where it ends will be where the SATA connectors are. Now you've seen an SATA connector, look for some other ones just like it. Sometimes they'll be a different colour if they're on a different controller.

i.e. you might have 4 that are one colour (the ones on the nvidia chipset) and 2 that are a different colour (on the jmicron chipset).

Simply unplug the SATA cable from it's current location on the board and plug it into one of the other sata ports - one that's connected to the jmicron chip.

As you're already on the latest motherboard bios you already have the latest jmicron bios available to you. That is to say, when you update your motherboard bios you will automatically be updating the jmicon one as well if ASUS have included an update for it.

Ah crap, ignore that. I've just looked at the specs / a picture of your board and the jmicron ports are probably the 2 esata ones you have on the backplate.

Take a quick trip to ebay and get yourself one of those silicon image cards I mentioned earlier (Something with a Silicon Image 3112, 3512 or 3114 chipset on it).

They're only about

yup, that's why I was wondering how do I not find the cable if it's long enough to go from far left (JMicron) to far right (BIOS) lol

I find it finny that there are chances when you keep hitting retry for failure to finalize pop up panel, it will succeed and verification is 100% successful.

However, if it doesn't successfully finish the DVD with 10 retries, then that DVD is garbage

That's the thing though, the retries probably don't mean anything because I doubt there's actually any problem - or at least not where the drive is concerned.

Your drivers are messing up the communication path between the software and the drive.

The best thing you can do now is get one of those Silicon Image cards I mentioned and put all this 'driver hell' behind you.

• 1 month later...

You don't have to use nvidia's drivers with your nforce motherboard if you aren't using RAID or don't need hotswap. The microsoft drivers work just fine and do not cause these errors. To remove the nforce sata drivers (under Win XP) go to device manager and select IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, select the nvidia driver and select properties. Under the Driver tab select Roll Back Driver. Reboot and that should load the microsoft drivers and you won't get these errors. If there are previous versions of the nforce sata driver that get loaded you can uninstall them in add/remove programs.

Edited by machine

after so many finalize failure, I decided to format HDD then re-install OS.

I removed all IDE devices and then re-install my WIN XP.

Now with nvidia Drivers loaded, I can burn, finalize and verify without any problem at all. just the way it should :)

this info is for anyone who experiences the same problem.

ps I tried to remove all IDE devices without re-install OS, it didn't work.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.