Burning Troubles

watty

I've been having "Retry Failed - Reason: No Additional Sense Information" type burn failures. I've checked my DMA, reinstall drivers, downgraded/upgraded ImgBurn and even replaced my old Samsung drive that I was having the problem with, with a new one (TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223Q SB01). Still I have the same burn error on the new drive I just got today. I've tried burning CD-Rs and it burn without any problems, but when I start to burn dvd I get errors.

Here's my log file latest one (tried burning at lower speed with same result)

I 07:19:42 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 07:19:42 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 07:19:42 Total Physical Memory: 916,720 KB - Available: 403,100 KB

I 07:19:42 Initialising SPTI...

I 07:19:42 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 07:19:42 Found 1 DVD

Edited by watty

Okay.

About the CD-R burn. I was going through the log file and found 2 errors, but it successfully burn anyways. Should I be worry about it?

I 09:03:33 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 09:03:33 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 09:03:33 Total Physical Memory: 916,720 KB - Available: 426,800 KB

I 09:03:33 Initialising SPTI...

I 09:03:33 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 09:03:33 Found 1 DVD

I 09:15:23 Write Speed: MAX

Slow your burn down not to exceed 24X...just a suggestion. You only got a warning in the log which I wouldn't worry about as the burn completed and varified successfully. If you get an error the burn would have been a coaster.

kewl, thanks a bunch LOCOENG ^_^

I couldn't just throw these crappy discs away (im cheap hehe), so I experiment a little bit. I looked through ImgBurn settings and found "Don't use immediate I/O" and checked it. Burn a full blank crappy disc and it successfully burn without any errors like before. I then manually copy over the files from the disc onto my computer successfully. I also used Nero CD-DVD Speed app to check the disc for any errors and there wasn't any.

There is actually an issue whereby an error can get missed when Immediate I/O is disabled.

The error your system is returning is not detailed in the MMC specs so I doubt it's actually coming from the drive itself - it's probably a dodgy controller driver or filter driver.

Which controller is your drive hooked up to exactly?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.